Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need advice

Professional

Default Need advice

New guy here. First, thanks everyone for the wealth of knowledge. I purchased a V1 and M27's last week. Decided to go with the Blinders instead of LI, based on price. Figured the M27's would be "fine". However, the more and more I read and thought, I felt I made a mistake in getting the M27's. This is NOT a bash on Blinder, as I have never used their products, but it was a decision I made. Partly b/c my wife made a good point of what's an extra $200 after spending this much already? Yea, she kicks ass. So I ordered the LI Dual for my black '04 Accord. I want some rear protection as well, and was wondering..... Should I keep the M27's for the rear? Or should I send them back and purchase a single HP head for the rear? Will a single LI HP head perform better than 2 M27 heads? I'd prefer the LI HP head, since I'll already have a computer to hook it up to. Thanks in advance guys!

Power User

Default Re: Need advice

You will need to run TWO heads at once. One will do crap.

Yes, the LI's are much better than the M27's. I've had both, tested both.

Professional

Thats what I thought. Gonna send the 27's back, and will hold off on rear protection for now.

Power User

If you have the cash just go with LI Quad, if not dual for the front is VITAL for NJ!!

Professional

I already ordered the dual yesterday. Can I just order two sensors and put them in the back? Essentially it is a quad right? But its actually cheaper to buy it this way than the Quad package. Will this work? Just buying two standard 8.8 sensors?

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyinNJ View Post
    ...my wife made a good point of what's an extra $200 after spending this much already? Yea, she kicks ass.
    Serious rep points to your wife!

"Buy the BEST and screw the rest." - fire65

"im intrested to see how well you do.i never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.." - radarrob

Power User

I already ordered the dual yesterday. Can I just order two sensors and put them in the back? Essentially it is a quad right? But its actually cheaper to buy it this way than the Quad package. Will this work? Just buying two standard 8.8 sensors?
    Yea, if you have the dual now you can just get two more heads later on. Just be sure to program the CPU for four heads.

Professional

Yea, shes pretty cool. She knows I work my ass off tho and deserve my "toys". Now, as I'm explaining my dilemma with her, she says to me, "Its kind of stupid to spend all this money to be protected except in the ass." "Get the rear sensors if ya want babe." So yea, my question is, I can just order two extra 8.8 sensors and it will work with the Standard Dual I already ordered right?

Power User

Wow, your wife kicks ass!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
    Yea, if you have the dual now you can just get two more heads later on. Just be sure to program the CPU for four heads.
    Awesome! Thats what I'm gonna do! Thanks!