Banned

Default What type of adhesive?? And does it matter if upside-down??

So. My install is 90% done. All the wiring is done. the cpu is mounted. The heads are in the GENERAL area that they will be staying for now. THEY ARE NOT 100% LEVEL!! THIS WILL BE FIXED WHEN I KNOW WHAT KIND OF GLUE TO GET!!

Here is my questions....
    1) Compaired to my other location..(green boxes in the lower grill/back in another thread), is this a better spot? (I can move both heads an inch outward for more seperation)...

2) Im currently using auto indoor/outdoor tape. I checked before i mounted them and they were level. But when I added the tape is not secure enought and slightly hangs and cant correctly hold the weight. Thats why the passeneger side i WAYY off in the picture below. ANYONE EVERY USED A GLUE? WHAT KIND DO I GET??

3) I used a remote to test each head, both appear to be working. It says "camera, please slow down"? Is that wierd? lol

4) Does it matter if the head is upside down? How do I know? THE BUBBLES ARE FACING OUT!!

Here are the pictures...KEEP IN MIND I INSTALLED THIS SYSTEM IN A PARKING LOT!!!

image uploading

image uploading

free image uploader

Thanks for looking

Professional

Default Re: What type of adhesive?? And does it matter if upside-down??

Looks good.

1. Much better spot than all the way down by the spoiler/skirt. I would move the driver side one to the right just about an inch or 2 more. Make sure it looks even with the other side.

2. Don't use glue. Use 3M VHB (very high bond) tape. You can find that at any auto store. I know I told us this before but I would try the brackets. Its a pain but better than the tape. Tape would be second if I didn't have a chance with the brackets. But its your car and I totally understand.

3. When I use my remote, it tells me that its the Genoptics clone gun, etc. Unless that remote you are using gives off that kind of pulse rate

4. Looks good. I don't think it matters but Cliff will chime in here. As long as the bubbles are out in your position, you are good to go.

nice work on the switch btw.
    Last edited by Andrew21; 12-02-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew21 View Post
    Looks good.

1. Much better spot than all the way down by the spoiler/skirt. I would move the driver side one to the right just about an inch or 2 more. Make sure it looks even with the other side.

2. Don't use glue. Use 3M VHB (very high bond) tape. You can find that at any auto store. I know I told us this before but I would try the brackets. Its a pain but better than the tape. Tape would be second if I didn't have a chance with the brackets. But its your car and I totally understand.

3. When I use my remote, it tells me that its the Genoptics clone gun, etc. Unless that remote you are using gives off that kind of pulse rate

4. Looks good. I don't think it matters but Cliff will chime in here. As long as the bubbles are out in your position, you are good to go.

nice work on the switch btw.
    THANK YOU> THANK YOU! for your kind words. Maybe if no one else reccommends any other kinds of adhesives, i will try again tomorrow. (by moving them and making sure they are level)

BTW, next month, I will be blacking out the large "S" and adding a layer of Veil...

Radar Fanatic

I have used 3M high bond and they work really good and strong.
    Installation looks good.

Banned

i will go out tomorrow and per-fect the install. this time i will bring siccors out into the parking lot. I have to trim som zip-ties and cut the 3m tape instead of TRYING to to tear it. haha

Professional

As the others said, use 3M Moulding tape. It is very strong and will hold those in place. As for my opinion on how they are mounted, they are too central. They should be spread out more towards the headlights. You are leaving yourself vulnerable with your current placement. Those are some very big headlights and you are not giving them full coverage. Use the mounting brackets and them tape those to the corners under the grill, then attach the heads to those, bubbles should be out.