Newcomer

Default Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

I got my LI-dual from radarbusters (thanks!) and I noticed the units seem "scratched up." Will this affect the performance? Did I get a defective unit?

Default Re: Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

These are artifacts from the production process used to assemble the sensors and are completely normal. They are not defective nor do they affect the performance of your Laser Interceptor. Keep in mind that we designed the Laser Interceptor sensor masks to endure the rigors of the environment they are placed in and the subsequent abuse from road debris, sand, road salts, rocks as well as the cumulative affects of the weather. Over time, they will show the affects of weathering but again, this is normal. They were designed to function well even after years of being exposed to the environment they are placed in.

Cliff

Newcomer

Default Re: Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by Laser-InterceptorUSA View Post
    These are artifacts from the production process used to assemble the sensors and are completely normal. They are not defective nor do they affect the performance of your Laser Interceptor. Keep in mind that we designed the Laser Interceptor sensor masks to endure the rigors of the environment they are placed in and the subsequent abuse from road debris, sand, road salts, rocks as well as the cumulative affects of the weather. Over time, they will show the affects of weathering but again, this is normal. They were designed to function well even after years of being exposed to the environment they are placed in.

Cliff
    Excellent! Thanks Cliff!

I guess I am very sensitive to even the smallest of scratches as I detail my car often. One little scratch in the clear coat and I will spot it instantly