Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Acura RSX LI placement- Installing 02-18-2011

Here goes another placement advice request. I have an 06 Acura RSX, this picture shows the possible mounting spots best, obviously the other half looks similar lol.

Id prefer to get the LI Dual for cost reasons, but if absolutely need be I could try for the HP model.

Id prefer red, one sensor on each side of the plate, blue would be the hardest to figure out and green im afraid would not offer full protection. Im mainly worried about over pass and off axis shots as TX DPS seems to like both. Suggestions?

*edit* Forgot to add, the car is SLIGHTLY lowered, most people cannot tell but it may affect placement.
    Last edited by tsugsr; 02-17-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: added text

snoopyc4

Default Re: Acura RSX LI placement

Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by tsugsr View Post
    Id prefer to get the LI Dual for cost reasons, but if absolutely need be I could try for the HP model.
    Regular LI Dual will offer more than enough protection on your small car. I have a regular LI Dual on my truck and it has performed well both in testing and in the real world.

green im afraid would not offer full protection. Im mainly worried about over pass and off axis shots as TX DPS seems to like both.
    Correct. The same goes for red.

What part of Texas are you from?

Lead Foot

Blue will be tricky to figure out how to mount, guess ill just have to order a kit and check the mounts that it comes with and rig something up. Im also worried about the sensors being knocked around when i or a shop shuts the hood, that area is pretty narrow so it may have to go more center.

Im from mostly North Texas, DFW area, but live just southwest of Fort worth by a bit. Most of my run ins occur on I-20 just west of fort worth.

snoopyc4

You can maybe look into an aftermarket grille that has horizontal slates. That'll make mounting the jammer heads easier.

Im from mostly North Texas, DFW area, but live just southwest of Fort worth by a bit. Most of my run ins occur on I-20 just west of fort worth.
    There's going to be a DFW jammer meet on March 12th:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...mmer-meet.html

Lead Foot

Thanks for the heads up, Ill try and attend the meet to test it out when i get it installed. As for the after market grille, I have looked for one but the only one I could find is similar to stock just without the A in the middle, I have not seen any with horizontal slats. I may get the one Ive seen and cut it up and mount the jammer heads recessed slightly in the grille, so long as they still protrude slightly and are not obscured, think something like that will work?

This one by grillcraft is the only one Ive found:

snoopyc4

I may get the one Ive seen and cut it up and mount the jammer heads recessed slightly in the grille, so long as they still protrude slightly and are not obscured, think something like that will work?
    Sounds perfect.

Lead Foot

Just placed my order online, cant wait to get it and install it. Hopefully Ill be able to attend the DFW jammer meet thats coming up.

Radar Fanatic

Just placed my order online, cant wait to get it and install it. Hopefully Ill be able to attend the DFW jammer meet thats coming up.

Well, do you have it yet?

Lead Foot

Yes I do have it, it technically came a couple days ago but I was not home to check it out. Its been in the 20's lately but this weekend its supposed to be upper 50s to the 60s so it will be a great weekend for the install, cant wait!

Thanks Cliff for the fast shipping and the t shirt!!

Mobile Installer

blue area for best results.

Rob