Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to hide my LI completely?

Hi guys,

I have recently bought an LI with 4 heads and would like to install them on a totaly secure way. As I drive a lot in Europe across countries and as there are some countries where it is not allowed to drive a car with LI installed I would like to hide the heads as much as I can.

Do you know any possible ways how I could do that?

thanks

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: How to hide my LI completely?

The only way i can think of is removing the heads.

You can purchase a product in The EU called Perspex 962. It is dark and will hide your sensors yet allows the transmission of IR.

Watch here: http://www.bezpokut.sk/video/perspex_and_glasses.mov

Get free samples here: http://www.theplasticshop.co.uk/samp...st-3360-0.html

Cliff

Exclamation Re: How to hide my LI completely?

Hi,

Long time no 'read' about Perspex 962...
    It's a pretty cool stuff, we used to know for a while.
    But I'd just like to prevent future users, that after some tests ( + real life tests ) on multiple laser-jammers, we've encountered few problems :
    - sometimes, and for no known reason, some jammers didn't received ( and so didn't jammed ) the signal ( correctly aimed, and mostly from long distances ),
    - some other times, jammers received the signal, striked back ( with audio+LED signal inside the car ), but NO effective Jamming. We may think that for some reasons Perspex 962 can deform/warp the emitted signal.

We're tried to reach manufacturers/resellers, but no correct answers have been given.

So, use it, but be aware of the non 100% efficiency

I'm still looking for a good way to hide it, so if have other ideas

Regards

Forden

Experienced

perspex works and it works very well. what could happen is that the space between the head and perspex got filled with dirt and mud. if it's sealed well this will not happen. we have done lots of installations with perspex and never any problems.. with LI at least. the problem must have been somewhere else.. jammers work well even if they are installed inside taillights (again at least as long as we talk about LI)

Banned

Nice, ill have to pick some of this stuff up!

Thanks for the perspex tips!

Quote Originally Posted by ragamix View Post
    perspex works and it works very well. what could happen is that the space between the head and perspex got filled with dirt and mud. if it's sealed well this will not happen. we have done lots of installations with perspex and never any problems.. with LI at least. the problem must have been somewhere else.. jammers work well even if they are installed inside taillights (again at least as long as we talk about LI)
    Hi ragamix,

I am writting from Hungary where - at the time being - using LI and other blockers is legal, but there are some rumours that they will be baned
    As I travel a few times to Slovakia and as my LI heads are not hidden should I be worried in Slovakia? Do you know anything about the penalties if the cops catch me with that?

Thanks!

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by vitalinea View Post
    Thanks for the perspex tips!

Quote Originally Posted by ragamix View Post
    Hi ragamix,

I am writting from Hungary where - at the time being - using LI and other blockers is legal, but there are some rumours that they will be baned
    As I travel a few times to Slovakia and as my LI heads are not hidden should I be worried in Slovakia? Do you know anything about the penalties if the cops catch me with that?

Thanks!
    hello vitalinea,

yes my friends from hu sold me that they are thinking of banning jammers over there but honestly i have been hearing this for years now.. so i guess you guys are safe for now

as for sk it's not that easy to answer. majority of our customers have their sensors hidden behind perspex but not all. we never really had any problems. police have their official price list for penalties and the fine for jammers and rd is 150e.. but although this price list is official it doesn't mean they cant give you a higher fine as the law says that they can give you up to 650e on the spot (for anything thats related to traffic). best is to try to convince them that LI is just a parking sensor and that it is legal to have it on the car in hu because based on the vienna convention on road traffic cars vehicle equipment is regulated by the county where the car is registered (e.g. some countries require you to have a fire extinguisher but if it is not required in your home country you dont really have to have one..). this might help but i dont guarantee it really will.. but it;s always worth to try

Thanks for the info ragamix!

Does the police use radars in SK as well? Here in Hungary Lidars are used 99% of the time so i have no protection against radars. Do I need to worry in Slovakia?
    Btw I think there will be no problems in Hungary. The situation is that a politican used blockers on his government car and some parties are pissed of because of this and one of them tried to make them illegal...Hope it wont work. If it will, I will have to buy some perspex

Experienced

hi, no problem at all

as for radar yes our police used them a lot so be careful. here is what they use:
    Ramer 7, AD9 @ 34.00GHz and 34.30GHz
    LTI 20-20 UL, 125pps
    LTI Trucam EU version; 10 units in total
    Polcam 2006 (undetectable, installed in Passat R36, VW Passat FSI 3,2 V6 and probably also in a silver Mercedes C; all in all they have 4 pieces in total)
    [ http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...europe-13.html ]