Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Default Re: LI Install head placement help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruser View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations. The only concern I have using the yellow placements are that normally a leo would target the front tag. Correct? Is the yellow placement going to be able to detect the signal if the tag is targeted? Veil should help though.

If I can find away today to mount it temperately like as been suggested already I might do that.
    Yes. The yellow area is optimum for protecting the entire front end. Veil is not needed but passive countermeasures will not hurt you.

+1 on contacting someone local to help test your setup before you veil your car.
    Puma Power!!!
    Don't be a lemming!! Follow your own destiny!!!

Ducati Team 2013 FORZA DUCATI!!!!

Newcomer

Thanks. Ok, I have made progress installing my LI but having trouble mounting the heads to my plastic grill. Its is going to take different mounts. I thought the LIs came with all kinds of mounts. Mine only came with four L brackets. I had to JB weld those four brackets to a Metal peice in order to attach them to the plastic front grill. If I didn't do that I didn't have enough area to mount it correctly or adjust it. Then I will JB weld or 3m tape the bracket assemble to the area in yellow.
    Also when I get it finished and I power it up is there any conserns about leaving it powered on the first time. The directions don't have any warnings about first power up so I guess its plug and play?
    How to get the software to configure the CPU? Didn't see it on the website or box.

The directions don't have any warnings about first power up so I guess its plug and play?
    How to get the software to configure the CPU? Didn't see it on the website or box.
    All LIs are pre-configured for the User when shipped. No changes or updates are necessary! Just install, plug and play!

Cliff

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Thanks. Ok, I have made progress installing my LI but having trouble mounting the heads to my plastic grill. Its is going to take different mounts. I thought the LIs came with all kinds of mounts. Mine only came with four L brackets. I had to JB weld those four brackets to a Metal peice in order to attach them to the plastic front grill. If I didn't do that I didn't have enough area to mount it correctly or adjust it. Then I will JB weld or 3m tape the bracket assemble to the area in yellow.
    Also when I get it finished and I power it up is there any conserns about leaving it powered on the first time. The directions don't have any warnings about first power up so I guess its plug and play?
    3m double sided stick tape. No JB until you are ready to commit after testing. Even then, 3m is good stuff and when applied right will not fail you.

Mobile Installer

Quote Originally Posted by Won Hunglo View Post
    3m double sided stick tape. No JB until you are ready to commit after testing. Even then, 3m is good stuff and when applied right will not fail you.
    +1 3m tape
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Radar Fanatic

Last edited by DrCoke; 09-20-2011 at 10:51 PM.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Won Hunglo View Post
    I like in between the yellow & black bars. Us 3m stick tape, test, make adjustments, retest, make pernament when you have it right.
    Agree...

Newcomer

Ok its installed . I installed it with 3M tape just below the yellow mark. Would anyone like to help me test it?
    I thought about going to the Dallas meet this Saturday but its a 4hr drive and have something to do that night so not going.

Advanced Member
    5680 Oakbrook Parkway Suite 149 Norcross, GA

Ok its installed . I installed it with 3M tape just below the yellow mark. Would anyone like to help me test it?
    I thought about going to the Dallas meet this Saturday but its a 4hr drive and have something to do that night so not going.
    Sent PM

Newcomer

Thanks I tested the LI with Won and the LIs are working great! Thanks for your help Sunday. JTG on 4 of the 5 except for the very old one with large optics then it was 176 and 119ft.