Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Joining the LI side and have some questions

So my blinders are currently on flea bay as im going to make the switch to LIs. I am planning on getting daul heads (regular) for the front and 1 hp head for my rear. My question is do you think 1 hp head on my rear is enough could i get away with a non hp possibly? Also can i put 2 regulars and 1hp on the same cpu or does the HP unit use a different cpu. The hp would be placed right above my rear plate it is a 4dr sedan i used to have all 4 blinders upfront i just never trusted 2, i am looking forward to the voice alerts and great performance of the LI.

Thanks!

Professional

Default Re: Joining the LI side and have some questions

First off what kind of car do you have and color? Im no pro but Ive read alot about LI and I would say with the price of a dual unit and 1HP--I would just buy the LI quad and have 2F and 2R. Protecting any car in the rear is hard to do and Im sure 1HP would not do it--Buying the quad would give you 2 in the Front/rear and protect you better. Im sure much more Experience peeps will chime in but I bet im not far off lol.....

Newcomer

Since your getting farther away from the gun wouldn't that make it easier to jam? I would guess the most crucial point is probably the first couple seconds your hit, not getting a PT.

Good Citizen

I would just buy the quad setup. 2 front, 2 back. As said before, I personally drive a small 2 door vw golf. I have 1 head above my rear license plate and have 3 on the front of my car. I havent tested the rear, but it might save me seeing as the police aim for the license plate a lot of the time.

If you have a larger car then you will need 2, while 1 HP head might help on a smaller car. Also would like the point out that the HP heads have 2 diodes in them. Pretty much it covers you more on over-pass shots as well as a little more horizontally.

Speed Demon

Glad to hear you're switching over to LI. Having been to a few test meets, I have seen the LI HP heads in action. HP heads are meant for larger vehicles, so if your car is not large then don't buy them. Also, 1 HP head will not protect you in the rear. More heads = better coverage. Remember, jammers cannot jam what they cannot see.

Lastly, even if you don't listen to me you're not going to be able to run HP heads and regular heads together in the same CPU. So, bottom lime, either get an HP Quad of get a standard LI Quad. There are some members on here who run 2 standard heads up front and 2 HP heads in the rear, but that means you will need 2 separate CPU's and that means hard wiring two systems. If you don't have an SUV or a big truck the standard LI quad will serve you well.

Newcomer

Thanks for your input, i will probably just go with regular quads.

Professional

You can run HP and regular heads off the same CPU

two regular heads > one HP head

The back is harder to protect than the front

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by atticuss187 View Post
    Lastly, even if you don't listen to me you're not going to be able to run HP heads and regular heads together in the same CPU. So, bottom lime, either get an HP Quad of get a standard LI Quad. There are some members on here who run 2 standard heads up front and 2 HP heads in the rear, but that means you will need 2 separate CPU's and that means hard wiring two systems. If you don't have an SUV or a big truck the standard LI quad will serve you well.
    Read Riptide's response...

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    You can run HP and regular heads off the same CPU

two regular heads > one HP head

The back is harder to protect than the front

Radar Fanatic

Last edited by DrCoke; 09-20-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Newcomer

So who is right? Can you run a hp of the same cpu as the regulars? I would like to have 2 on my rear but i want to keep it stealth and dont have the best mounting options. http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Maz...07_026-800.jpg

Red reflectives near the exhaust are too low, one on each side of the plates would put them pretty close to each other and i have to avoid blocking the rear plate lights. What do you guys think?