Good Citizen

Default Red Light Camera Jam

Has anyone tested the LI's capability to jam red light and/or speed cameras?

My LI issues a jamming signal and warns "custom pro 3 or prolite" [or something close to that . . its hard to understand the voice] when I go past many of them. I'm wondering if the LI is effectly jamming these devices.

Experienced

Default Re: Red Light Camera Jam

Where do you live, Columbia Maryland? I think that place has more speed/redlight camera systems in place than any other town in the states.

And yes, the LI will jam them.

Michael

Good Citizen

In Maryland, yes.

Do you know of anyone who may have done some testing (like the manufacturer or GOL or any individuals) on the various camera units to determine any jam data specifics (like JTG/punch thru/specific cameras) etc?

Newcomer

I have always wondered because my LI starts jamming red light cameras- but here in Orlando all the laser does is sense when someone enters the intersection right? They only set off my V1 and LI when the light is red. So if the laser is only sensing when someone has entered the intersection wouldn't it still sense that someone is in the intersection and still take a photo?

Fellas, I am in Western Australia. Down here (under the world!) we have red light cameras, that are also speed measuring. So if you speed up a bit to ensure safe passage on an amber light, you get a ticket for speeding. Handy really. I have been asured by the LEO's that this is a life saving measure. Perhaps on approach if the lights turn amber, you shold stand on the brakes as hard as possible and see how many rear enders you can cause.
    However, back onto topic, I do understand that the LI will sort these puppies out (warn and Jam). Any real info would be appreciated.

Newcomer

So it keeps the red light camera from measuring your speed but it still gives you a ticket for running the red light.

Hmmm... that is as I would understand it. The red light camera is activated by coils in the groung right near the white stop line. I understand that the laser is not used for anything other than speed detection. I stand to be corrected on it, but that is as I understand it.

Good Citizen

The RLCs/SpeedCams in our area are completely laser operated (no sensors in the ground) that's why I was wondering if anyone was aware of any actual documented test data. All I've seen to date are best guesses as to what might happen.

It would seem to me that if the cameras could be defeated the shifter manufacturers would want to advertise this.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Ignition SS View Post
    Hmmm... that is as I would understand it. The red light camera is activated by coils in the groung right near the white stop line. I understand that the laser is not used for anything other than speed detection. I stand to be corrected on it, but that is as I understand it.
    Correct

Experienced

Just make sure you JTK