Question Install suggestions on Suzuki XL-7 and Subaru Legacy

Hey there. Planning on buying LI setups for two cars, a 2002 Suzuki XL-7 and a 2005 Subaru Legacy. Both cars are white, which sucks (the pictures are not actual pictures of our cars, but same cars otherwise).

Questions:

1. On the Subaru, do you think I could get away with 2 heads in the grille only? (yellow spots). Or in the bumper? I have currently Blinder M-20 heads in the lower spots in the bumper opening.

2. Same question re Suzuki. 2 or 4 heads? If only 2 where would you place them?

3. What about the HP version? Overkill? Can one mix heads, two HP, two regular? I suppose it's better to have 4 regular heads than 2 HP heads?

4. LI costs a little bit. I am pretty much decided on it, but would I lose really much by going with Blinder M27/M47?

Thanks *A LOT* in advance for sharing your comments/suggestions!

Last edited by unclemat; 10-29-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Default Re: Install suggestions on Suzuki XL-7 and Subaru Legacy

Well, after more research to answer my own questions:

1. Gonna get LI Quad. Two heads on the Subaru in the grille (yellow spots). Will also go with dual in the rear above license plate (not pictured)

2. Suzuki, most likely just dual in the grille (blue spots). Rear does not have good mounting spots, so will skip. Based on my research it seems four would be an overkill in front, although I am tempted to add four there for ultimate protection.

I also may be able to cut the front facia and install senors just below headlight corners (the gold colored spots). Or maybe just even install the heads on the facia.

3. HP is overkill.

4. LI it is.
    Last edited by unclemat; 10-29-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by unclemat View Post
    Well, after more research to answer my own questions:

1. Gonna get LI Quad. Two heads on the Subaru in the grille (yellow spots). Will also go with dual in the rear above license plate (not pictured)

2. Suzuki, most likely just dual in the grille (blue spots). Rear does not have good mounting spots, so will skip. Based on my research it seems four would be an overkill in front, although I am tempted to add four there for ultimate protection.

I also may be able to cut the front facia and install senors just below headlight corners (the gold colored spots). Or maybe just even install the heads on the facia.

3. HP is overkill.

4. LI it is.

Yep looks like you did your home work though I run a WRx and run mine either side of the licience plate. Police in Australia are trained (monkeys)to aim at the licience plate. I run 4 Lis at the back because I like overkill and you dont have Poliscan to contend with.
    The size of the front even though its white you should be ok just double check the alignment. LIs are the best I have lost count of my saves.

Thanks for your response.

Yeah, I am still debating the mounting location on the Legacy. In-grille location means the heads will be closer towards each other, but they will be higher from the ground and thus possibly more effective in a "behind a crest" scenario where they could be obstructed by the road.

Thoughts?

<crickets>

Ideally, you want to mount your sensors as close vertically and horizontally to the most reflective parts of your vehicle, namely the headlight and taillights. With that said, yellow is best.

Cliff