Newcomer

Question BMW Heads mounted horizontally?

Received my LI today - I just did some test fitting to see where I'm going to mount the heads and it will either be vertically without cutting my grill or horizontally with cutting my grill. I think cutting the grill and mounting them flush would look cleaner but I'm scared to cut the grill on a brand new car and I already bought the BMW version.... Would it be bad to mount the BMW heads horizontally instead of vertically? If so would I be able to swap out the heads for the horizontal ones if I decide to go that route?

Thanks

Default Re: BMW Heads mounted horizontally?

They work best when installed as designed, vertically. If you are now instead going to mount them horizontally, you will need to ship them back, uninstalled, and we can exchange them for standard orientation sensors.

Cliff

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Laser-InterceptorUSA View Post
    They work best when installed as designed, vertically. If you are now instead going to mount them horizontally, you will need to ship them back, uninstalled, and we can exchange them for standard orientation sensors.

Cliff
    Thanks Cliff, I may end up doing that. I'm going to take my grill off today to make sure they will fit horizontally first. You would just need the sensors sent back or the whole package? I wish those laser tamers would come out already, with my luck I'll cut my grill and they'll come out with them the next day.

Newcomer

Would I also be better exchanging for the HD sensors? If I mount horizontally I plan to put them in the green area below. Would HD sensors be effective enough or should I consider adding 2 more sensors to the yellow area also? (I dont plan to run with a front plate)

You do not need HP Sensors but if you feel compelled to buy them, we will gladly sell them to you.

The green location is best. Yellow is too low!

Cliff

Newcomer

Looks like it will be worth it to get the horizontal heads. Do I just sent back the sensors? Not the other stuff? Thanks

Yes. Email me directly at cliff@laserinterceptorusa.com for instructions.

Cliff