Default Laser interceptor Placement

I am going to be installing tomorrow and I studied the diagrams included in the kit as well as on line and I figured my bet bet might just be to ask the forum.

Basically the diagram included with the unit shows a sports car, which has a relatively short vertical profile in the grill region. I am rocking a toyota tacoma and the potential grill locations are making me nervous. I have included a picture with my thoughts on locations. The blue is the license plate and the green, yellow and purple are the potential mounting areas. I would rather stay away from the purple cause i think the location opens the units up to more potential damage than the others. The green ones are close to the headlights but far from license plate and i know that is a target. The red ones are closer to the license plate but far from the lights. I was wondering what people's thoughts on the better protection would be. My last thought was to put them into headlights themselves to offer better protection from the elements but i don't know if being behind the plastic would negative effect performance.

Attachment 5969

Speed Demon
    Central TN

Default Re: Laser interceptor Placement

Link to pic doesn't work.

I have a 2009 Tacoma, if you need any second option or assistance i'll do my best to help you, providing you fix the attachment please.

The Forum is not allowing attachments. Email me directly at and I'll send you some recommended installation PICS.