Thread: LIs Acting Up

Good Citizen

Default LIs Acting Up

My LIs just started to act up. I have the dual front sensors only (1 generation back) with the gen 8 CPU updated to most recent release. I also have the park/jam switch.

Upon starting the vehicle (in the jam mode as usual), the LIs turn on but give me a series of about 1 second long beeps just as if I had it in the park mode with something in front of me, except I don't have it in the park mode and there is nothing in front of the car at all. It will do this whether it is in jam or park mode.

This just started happening as the weather got cold (hi 20s - low 30s). The cold weather never affected the LI in the past. The sensors are clean, all wires are tight. I have to keep flipping the on/off switch & park/jam switch a few times every time I start the car to get the beeping to stop. Then I hear "parking aid is deactivated", and the LIs seem to perform normally as they kick in when I pass laser speed cameras.

My car's electrical system is fine and I have a fresh battery in it. Any thoughts on how to stop the parking assist type beeping on startup? Thanks...
    Last edited by poolmon; 11-30-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Good Citizen

Default Re: LIs Acting Up

Quote Originally Posted by poolmon View Post
    My LIs just started to act up. I have the dual front sensors only (1 generation back) with the gen 8 CPU updated to most recent release. I also have the park/jam switch.

Upon starting the vehicle (in the jam mode as usual), the LIs turn on but give me a series of about 1 second long beeps just as if I had it in the park mode with something in front of me, except I don't have it in the park mode and there is nothing in front of the car at all. It will do this whether it is in jam or park mode.

This just started happening as the weather got cold (hi 20s - low 30s). The cold weather never affected the LI in the past. The sensors are clean, all wires are tight. I have to keep flipping the on/off switch & park/jam switch a few times every time I start the car to get the beeping to stop. Then I hear "parking aid is deactivated", and the LIs seem to perform normally as they kick in when I pass laser speed cameras.

My car's electrical system is fine and I have a fresh battery in it. Any thoughts on how to stop the parking assist type beeping on startup? Thanks...
    Bump. The same thing started happening to my unit as well, under the same circumstances.

Mobile Installer

Default Re: LIs Acting Up

Sounds like a glitch in the firmware.Contact Li for advice on how to trouble shoot it.
    Radarrob is a approved radar detector and Parking sensor installer Anywhere in the United States.Has access to Radar and Lidar Guns to test systems.Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector or parking sensor for your needs? Visit my Install Thread:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...installer.html

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."