Newcomer

Default LI kills laptop (Macbook) when plugging in a USB to Prolific Serial cable.

I had a rev 2.8 v7.04 which worked fine and could be reprogrammed but cannot reprogram my rev 3.0 the same way.

When the LI is on and plugged into the computer, it turns off the laptop. Both devices still work, and can be repeated. Anyone have any similar problems? Do I need a different USB to Serial cable? Different computer? Is there a programming mode the thing must be in?

Thanks!

Default Re: LI kills laptop (Macbook) when plugging in a USB to Prolific Serial cable.

Gen. 7 LI Control Units are NOT updateable! Only Gen. 8 Control units are user updateable.

Cliff

Newcomer

Default Re: LI kills laptop (Macbook) when plugging in a USB to Prolific Serial cable.

Sorry, not reprogrammed, I meant changing the settings. I could change the settings on the previous generation. Maybe my usb-serial cable is not compatible with the newer LI. How do you tell what generation your box is? Does Rev # not correlate to a generation number?

Thanks.

Email sent.

Cliff

Radar Fanatic

And this is why you buy LI, because of Cliff. Nuff said. Thanks Cliff.