Thread: Ticket for LI's

Good Citizen

Exclamation Ticket for LI's

Well, I guess I found out that my LI's are working as advertised. I got a ticket for jamming LIDAR from a Virginia Trooper Sat. LIDAR is becoming more common place for VSP in the common wealth. I was driving E on 264, headlining home and approached a small rise on the highway and just on the other side, there he was. Less that 200ft away! I tried to get to the PSL so I could kill the LI’s but I ended up JTG and he shot me in the back as I went by him. By that time I was down to just above PSL (no LI heads in rear). I’m surprised he knew what happened, because he pulled me over and said his "gun makes a noise when it is being jammed" and asked if I was jamming. What could I say but yes...Anyways, looks like a $101.00 fine for the jammers, no court, I can pay the fine online. I'll take that over a speeding ticket and higher insurance premiums any day. Awesome product LI! Thanks

Default Re: Ticket for LI's

If you're going to be driving in Virginia with the LI then maybe you should set the auto off at something like 2-3 seconds. If you hear the alarm you slow down and it should turn off shortly after.

Good Citizen

You can do that?

Manufacturer

Quote Originally Posted by Jestr View Post
    Well, I guess I found out that my LI's are working as advertised. I got a ticket for jamming LIDAR from a Virginia Trooper Sat. LIDAR is becoming more common place for VSP in the common wealth. I was driving E on 264, headlining home and approached a small rise on the highway and just on the other side, there he was. Less that 200ft away! I tried to get to the PSL so I could kill the LI’s but I ended up JTG and he shot me in the back as I went by him. By that time I was down to just above PSL (no LI heads in rear). I’m surprised he knew what happened, because he pulled me over and said his "gun makes a noise when it is being jammed" and asked if I was jamming. What could I say but yes...Anyways, looks like a $101.00 fine for the jammers, no court, I can pay the fine online. I'll take that over a speeding ticket and higher insurance premiums any day. Awesome product LI! Thanks
    Do you know what gun that was? BTW, Veil doesn't set of jam codes. May be a good choice for those were jammers are outlawed, especially now that LEOs are getting knowledgeable about such things. Food for thought...

VG
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Good Citizen

Didn't make out what the Jammer said it was for the radio, LI, V1, and Redline making making all the noise...The thought has crossed my mind for Veil. I may have to consider it as an option.

Good Citizen

Didn't make out what the Jammer said it was for the radio, LI, V1, and Redline making making all the noise...The thought has crossed my mind for Veil. I may have to consider it as an option.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Veil Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jestr View Post
    Do you know what gun that was? BTW, Veil doesn't set of jam codes. May be a good choice for those were jammers are outlawed, especially now that LEOs are getting knowledgeable about such things. Food for thought...

VG
    I live in N. VA and every time I've been hit with LIDAR by VASP, it was PL3. That seems to be their choice for LIDAR. They have some troopers that are experts at knowing when they are being jammed. I Can't remember the trooper's names, but it has been discussed somewhere in another forum.

RG

Speed Demon

@Jestr -

Perhaps you should drive w/ your HL's on.They will make a similar sound on the gun when causing "light interference",....HIDs even moreso b/c of the higher IR output they emit than regular HLs.Never admit guilt at roadside,the Court Room is where you plead your case.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    @Jestr -

Perhaps you should drive w/ your HL's on.They will make a similar sound on the gun when causing "light interference",....HIDs even moreso b/c of the higher IR output they emit than regular HLs.Never admit guilt at roadside,the Court Room is where you plead your case.
    I have never heard of HL's doing that.

Advanced Member

I love a great story.
    I'll take a fine any day.

Get your jammers ready.
    Virginia just graduated and extra 44 State Troopers.

I know a couple of VST are members of this site...
    Congratulations to the extra help....Be safe, don't let their inexperience get you hurt.

News Release 14 For Immediate Release: June 5, 2014
    RICHMOND – The Virginia State Police will celebrate the addition of 44 new troopers to its ranks at a graduation ceremony Friday, June 6, 2014. Commencement exercises for the 121st Trooper Basic Session begin at 10 a.m. in the Virginia State Police Gymnasium at 7700 Midlothian Turnpike in Richmond.
    Last edited by Jstglockem; 06-09-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    2004 Ford Excursion V10 Eddie Bauer Edition / Mercedes Benz E Class
    EBC Vented and drilled rotors ..EBC 4000 Kevlar brake
    Gibson Headers
    PIAA XT 90 Fog Lights Vision X Off Road Lights HID 5700
    Galaxy 919 CB Radio, Palomar 80, 100 Watt power amplifier
    Wilson 1000 antenna
    Magellan GPS Cheetah C50 GPS
    Costillo Dash Cam VC-100
    Kustom Pro Laser ll Infrared Lidar Gun Bushnell Radar Gun
    Valentine One Radar Detector's for the past 15 plus years

http://www.youtube.com/user/MyValentineone?feature=mhum