Newcomer

Default GoL- Why did you test AL 7 and not LPP?

Just as my question states. Why did you test the AL 7.0 and not the commercially available Laser Pro-Park?

Banned

Default Re: GoL- Why did you test AL 7 and not LPP?

Quote Originally Posted by kalel
    Just as my question states. Why did you test the AL 7.0 and not the commercially available Laser Pro-Park?
    It was once believed the AL6.5 was the pro park then we got word it was the 7.0 and now I'm hearing rumors another rev. is out. It's like a new revision once a month. With those $85.00 upgrades they're making some money off of "not getting it right the first time."

JTW

Good Citizen

Antilaser, laseer pro park, 6.5, 7. 8.. too confusing..too sketchy.. Just saying Laser Pro Park = Antilaser version ### isn't enough for me, especially when they're not even based out of the USA.. they need to get their marketing down.. I'm thinking Blinder is the way to go - if they support their product and provide upgrades, etc..at least for those where explcit JAMMING is not illegal..LED vs Diode.. whichever works best.. more powerful isn't necessarily better... I'm still undecided..I personally don't 'fly' enough to warrant a jammer, but I like the idea of some privacy and anti-surveillance.

..as for Drive Smart.. we'll see it when it happens I guess.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by JTW
    It was once believed the AL6.5 was the pro park then we got word it was the 7.0 and now I'm hearing rumors another rev. is out. It's like a new revision once a month. With those $85.00 upgrades they're making some money off of "not getting it right the first time."

JTW
    $85 an upgrade? Where did you get this info? Not getting it right the first time? Blinder had to upgrade their units for the stealth fix. ZR-3 doesn't have it yet.

I just don't know why GoL did not test the AL unit that the consumer would buy-The Laser Protector Pro-Park. It makes no sense. How does the consumer know the LPP holds the same efficacy as the Antilaser you tested? WE DON'T.

Chime in HappyA$$ and Jim. This is a valid question.

Professional

Kalel, at this rate, who knows that a "LPP" that you buy NOW is the same LPP people bought 1 month ago? Behind the scenes a "LPP" could be AL6.5 or AL7 or AL8... whos to know at this rate?

Advanced Member

$85 an upgrade? Where did you get this info? Not getting it right the first time? Blinder had to upgrade their units for the stealth fix. ZR-3 doesn't have it yet.
    He might have read it here:

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...11382&start=75

I just don't know why GoL did not test the AL unit that the consumer would buy-The Laser Protector Pro-Park. It makes no sense. How does the consumer know the LPP holds the same efficacy as the Antilaser you tested? WE DON'T.

Chime in HappyA$$ and Jim. This is a valid question.
    Believe me, I share your concerns. Ans if I had my way, we would have purchased "retail" versions of all products. But unfortunately, we do not yet have those kind of funds available for such purchases. So, we had to take what was provided to us by the manufacturers.

Hopefully we'll be able to do blind retail purchases in the future. If you would like to help out, you can contribute via a PayPal link on of the Guys of LIDAR website at:
    http://www.guysoflidar.com

Jim

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Believe me, I share your concerns. Ans if I had my way, we would have purchased "retail" versions of all products. But unfortunately, we do not yet have those kind of funds available for such purchases. So, we had to take what was provided to us by the manufacturers.

Hopefully we'll be able to do blind retail purchases in the future. If you would like to help out, you can contribute via a PayPal link on of the Guys of LIDAR website at:
    http://www.guysoflidar.com

Jim
    I did donate to you guys. I even started a thread to try and raise awareness to donate. http://www.radardetector.net/For-all...%3A-11485t.php

So let me ask you this. Is the LPP the same unit as the AL7? Does LP import these units from AL, or do they manufacture themselves? There has been so much misinfirmation on this product it's unbelievable.
    Thanks Jim.

Advanced Member

So let me ask you this. Is the LPP the same unit as the AL7? Does LP import these units from AL, or do they manufacture themselves? There has been so much misinfirmation on this product it's unbelievable.
    Thanks Jim.
    The Laser Pro Park is definitely the Antilaser. As far as the version, according to them, LPP = AL7, though some people on here might not think so. As far as the manufacturing arrangement, I don't know.