Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Newbie needs advice

I was about to buy a lidatech then I stumbled across this site and became very confused.

I have been trying to read up on this site and this is what I think I figured out..

Jammers:

1. Anti-Laser dual head system = most effective, but worst customer relations? No web site? Price?

2. Blinder M20 = medium performance and decent customer service

3. Lidatech = worst performance but good customer service

4. Defender 2 = sounds like it may be great but is untested and very hard to get?

Please correct the above list if it sounds wrong. And can anyone tell me how to get in touch with anti-laser?

In addition to a jammer.. Do I need Veil? Do I need a license plate cover of some sort?

I live in San Antonio Texas and drive a BMW 645. A picture of the front-end is attached below.

You experts please tell me how to best protect myself in this car
    Mounting spots and such would be appreciated!

Or would I be better off waiting for some future technology?

Scratonicity Groupie

to contact Anti-laser email marko: its marko@antilaser.info

at the moment to order you have to do a wire transfer however in the next week or so they are going to start taking credit card orders.

a Dual AL 8.3 would be awesome for your bimmer! good luck / welcome to the forum.

basically all the misinformation you have heard about the AL team is just hearsay. they are located in croatia, however EVERY question or email I have ever sent out they have gotten back to me within 24 hours.

with a dual head AL 8.3 you will NOT need VEIL or a laser shield. However I would recommend a laser shield because they are basically naked to the eye and do work. The AL's are by far the best but hey every MVP needs a little help here and there

keep us updated! I'm about to place an order for a Dual Head AL 8.3 probably this week to put on my 98 Trans Am.

Scratonicity Groupie

The grill on your car is great if you dont mind snipping it up some.

Here is my recommendation for placement. On 2nd thought you could put some VEIL on your fogs and that would not be an eye sore at all. But this is all dependent on if you have the money / time!

Radar Fanatic

if your in a real rush to get a LJ i would get the dual AL heads which will run you $700-800 bucks. if you ever see their test vid's don't be fooled into getting 1 head as advertised as it won't do much.

if you are in no rush you might want to wait for the D2 testing. i personally am waiting for it as i rather spend $530 on 1 head that will cover my car rather than buy 2 AL heads. it is indeed true that their customer service is poor but at the same time the d2 hasn't been really tested so its a give and take at the moment. if you have the cash go ahead and get the AL heads but if you want to shop wisely i would wait a few more weeks for some testing to come out. i must admit though time has been a problem for the d2 as alot has been expected but nothing has been released so far as far as testing is concerned. its up to you! :idea:

Speed Demon

i agree with TQ in that i would wait for the DS results. as i cannot say much about AL service, the price is a little steep for something that has hit or miss perfomance from the vids and responses that have been posted.

Thanks so much for all the input!

The grill on your car is great if you dont mind snipping it up some.
    The boxes don't go behind the grill? "Snipping" up the grill is not something I would want to do?!

I just ordered a V1, so I may wait a little while and see how the Defender 2 testing turns out while I play around with the V1.

Again thanks all for the advice! It might be handy to sticky a newbie thread of some sort that sorta gives a not too technical run down of the current options.

Scratonicity Groupie

Unfortuantly the jammer heads need a clear view. to be honest the AL's are only a little bigger than a quarter so if you went with a low mount in the grill like my pic you would hardly be snipping that much

enjoy your V1 they are awesome. refer to the v1 section for programming help.

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    Unfortuantly the jammer heads need a clear view. to be honest the AL's are only a little bigger than a quarter so if you went with a low mount in the grill like my pic you would hardly be snipping that much
    Hmm, Cutting the grill is pretty much a no-go. It would be noticible, and that car is my baby. Plus knowing BMW prices that grill is probably $1k and the car is leased.
    So if cutting it is not an option..
    Just to speculate what option would hamper jammer effectiveness the least..

1. Vertical mount in grill gaps
    2. Mount horizontal behind grill
    3. Mount in lower grill

Yoda of Radar

Mount it below...

Or alternatively look around for an aftermarket grille or used OEM unit (I am sure some people have them lying around on the enthusiast groups) and cut through that.

Scratonicity Groupie

perhaps we can get outrun to do a test with his and mount them vertically. it something we wanted to try at GoL but ran out of time.