Good Citizen

Default Lidatek LE-30 jammer question

Can you have the LE-30 jam for less than 5 seconds? I ask this because jammers are illegal in my state, and I may want to only jam for a coupe seconds (ideally).

Thanks,
    Daniel

Speed Demon

anything less than 5 sec is way to short. if i were you, id get something wtih more protection for the money than a lidatek. i live in a state where jammers are illegal also, i live in CA, i would recommned either a zr3 or blinder, or wait for the DS results. i say this because even though these jammers CAN jam as long as you want, you CAN kill them at any point. jam until you get to a legal speed, then kill the jammers and let the cop get a reading.

Speed Demon

also, check out www.guysoflidar.com and check out the results for yourself...the lidatek was not a great performer..especailly for the money.

Good Citizen

Thanks guys. I wish it was easy enough to just choose the best laser jammer for me, but everything gets confusing trying to find the best one, which is actually obtainable (ie. not spending $900 on the al7, and they don't even sell it in this country; and to top everything off it doesn't seem like they even answer e-mails for purchasing) and one which works best and you won't regret buying down the road.

So you say the LE-30 might not be the best buy, I'm sure it's a solid pick but there are better for the money.

How come the Blinder m-20 and the zr3 were not tested in the 2006 GOL? Are these older units which might not be as good. :? The M45 prototype obviously isn't for retail sale.

Someone give me some more advice/comments, thanks

Dan

Speed Demon

yes. the LE-30 is not a very good performer at angles or overhead shots. the zr3 has proved itself VERY well. watch the vids done by outrun, ford focus and happya$$. its a very good jammer and comes with 3 heads. you can buy this unit from roy for $350 if you leave out the install card. so 3 heads for very good performance and OWNS the PL3 which is used in your state. since your state uses the PL3, the zr3 is the best bet. the zr3 has ALWYAS done wonders against hte PL3. last GOL test, the zr3 was on a white SUV and JTG everytime agaisnt this gun WITHOUT veil or LS. jsut to give you some perspective.

so $350 for a 3 heads that do very well, or $600 for a Dual head unit lidatek that will not do as well against angles or overhead and limited jam time. just think, it will take 1-2 sec of that 5 sec jam time to react. the zr3 gives you all the time you need to slow down then shut it off when you feel appropriate.

Scratonicity Groupie

Where did you hear a dual head AL is $900? A dual head system is around $700 shipped to the States. Have you tried to contact them? If you have then try marko@antilaser.info he has always always gotten back to me with in 24 hours.

The Blinder & ZR3 are old units and have been tested to death. I wish the ZR3 had been tested, being that in outruns testing it is doing very very poorly.

The best advice I can give you is to go with a dual head Anti Laser which the current revision is 8.3 its the best on the market and requires no accesories.*veil or a laser shield*