Professional

Default it's not a laser jammer!! it's a bird collision deterrent !

Birds can see in the infrared spectrum as can several insects to determine food sources and harmful situations.

If someone could get an endorsement from the national audobon society for a led or diode based jamming system that has the ability to deter birds from colliding with the fronts of vehicles?

Too funny!! a bunch of older women bird watchers jamming police lidar guns by accident!! thinking they are just helping the birds. I would pay to see that exchange between them & the officer!!

The huge wind-farm electrical generating companies use a special IR reflecting paint that looks like glowing neon blue to a bird, but we see it as white.

For the states that have banned laser countermeasures, this could be used for a jamming device, but it's intended use is to deter birds from hitting the front of your vehicle.

it is only a matter of time before the authorities get hip to the laser parking assist idea so many are relying on.

Also one other thing that comes to mind, there is a special spray (similiar to veil brand product) that is used by hunters to remove the ultraviolet part of the spectrum from the hunters clothes. To make them less conspicuous to animals and it does not affect the color for humans. although veil reduces reflections and absorbs (or adsorbs) the 904 NM waelength, I wonder what wavelength the clothing spray helps with?

Just spouting ideas here that somone may be able to capatalize on, How do you think veil got invented>?

Professional

Default Re: it's not a laser jammer!! it's a bird collision deterren

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback
    Also one other thing that comes to mind, there is a special spray (similiar to veil brand product) that is used by hunters to remove the ultraviolet part of the spectrum from the hunters clothes. To make them less conspicuous to animals and it does not affect the color for humans. although veil reduces reflections and absorbs (or adsorbs) the 904 NM waelength, I wonder what wavelength the clothing spray helps with?
    well, if the spray blocks UV light, it's completely on the opposite end of the visible spectrum compared to IR

Speed Demon

I almost clocked a doe last night. Good thing I had my "Deer Blinder" on.