Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Ah darn, should've jammed him to the gun man. But yeah, can't wait to see the vid

Quote Originally Posted by dgessler
    I went to buy some velcro from Home Depot this morning so I can mount my v1 against my fold down mirror, and on the way back, what do ya know, fairfax pd doing laser on the parkway. I turned back around, turned on my jammer, and mounted my camera against my windshiled, I'll post the video when I get back from work.

Basically, al8 went off a fraction of a second before the v1, and I let him tag me for about 3+ seconds, then turned it off. The v1 was still going off for a good second afterwards. I'm attributing this to my laser shield which I put on when I installed my al8.

I love this thing.

Good Citizen

Just updated the original post with the video from my laser encounter this morning, and pics after I did my little AL8/V1 combo install (also finished that this morning). Only thing I need to make now is some sort of cover to cover the v1 concealer and switches when I'm parked or when a cop comes up to my car.

Driving is so much easier not worrying about ripping down my radar detector fast when spotting a cop.

Old Timer

I take it you flipped off your AL? That was a short alert!

Also- you had wide open road- v1 and dual AL6. WHY WERENT YOU SPEEDING?

Good Citizen

I should have had it on longer but I wanted to play it safe I guess, it was the first time it ever went off

Edit: And yes I turned it off myself definitely.

One other thing I forgot to mention. I went by him 1 more time after I did that video, and as I passed him it looked like he was lasering me, but neither my v1 or jammer went off. As I got right up close to him I could see him aiming his gun in the direction of the front of my car (pointing down). :?: :?:

Anyone have any ideas of what happened?

Newcomer

I should have had it on longer but I wanted to play it safe I guess, it was the first time it ever went off

Edit: And yes I turned it off myself definitely.

One other thing I forgot to mention. I went by him 1 more time after I did that video, and as I passed him it looked like he was lasering me, but neither my v1 or jammer went off. As I got right up close to him I could see him aiming his gun in the direction of the front of my car (pointing down). :?: :?:

Anyone have any ideas of what happened?
    Excellent job on the video! Nice to see some real world testing here in VA. When you went back by him the second time, if he was targeting you either the AL or the V1 would have gone off I'm sure. Never had any laser encounters with ffx co PD, just VSP and PWC... V1 always went off.

Good Citizen

Thanks. I was on the parkway today and there were tons of cops out. Pulled a U and took another vid. I jammed him for 7-8 seconds then turned it off. He wasn't even looking at me when I went by, he just continued to laser the cars behind me.

About 5MB:
    http://www.discountmags.com/al8/june24.wmv

Banned

Seems like he couldn't get a reading for the first two shots. Good vid.

Thanks. I was on the parkway today and there were tons of cops out. Pulled a U and took another vid. I jammed him for 7-8 seconds then turned it off. He wasn't even looking at me when I went by, he just continued to laser the cars behind me.

About 5MB:

Professional

I see the car, where is the LEO? Was he shooting through the glass?

If that is the case I hope any ticketed offenders have fun with that in court.

Is there judicial notice on laser tikets when used through glass? I know there is very little notice on laser use in many states, but I can see glass shots being an easy win in court if the judge is at all fair. And he is not doing the prosecuters job for him.

Banned

Though not recommended, I believe they can shoot laser through glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback
    I see the car, where is the LEO? Was he shooting through the glass?

If that is the case I hope any ticketed offenders have fun with that in court.

Is there judicial notice on laser tikets when used through glass? I know there is very little notice on laser use in many states, but I can see glass shots being an easy win in court if the judge is at all fair. And he is not doing the prosecuters job for him.

Power User

About 5MB:
    That brave of you purposely going through a laser trap in VA. I never do that. I don't want them to get wise to jammers. I take my chances on getting hit unexpectedly. Now when I'm in Maryland I'll pull a U on them and drive through again. I keep the laser jamming in VA to minimum need only basis, better that way.