Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default So I live in Utah?

I know that laser jammers in utah is not legal...so what happens if I get pulled over and they see the sensors? what is the fine?
    If the unit is not active at the time they pull me over is the fine less? I guess I could say I drive through many states and only use it outside of Utah.
    Does Viel fall under this law?
    I am not sure that the local police here are to savy on these units, but all it takes is one.

Advanced Member

VEIL might fall under the law where you are making the licence plate less visible...if your state is anal about that, i'd get a laser shield plate cover if plate covers are allowed and if state requires a front plate. if the state doesn't require front plate VEIL will still be effective on the head lights.

Cop will be looking for a jammer if they know they were jammed so Slowdown to legal speed and turn jammer off and allow the cop to get a speed reading on you at legal speed

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Experienced

Your best bet would be to just conceal your blinder system. As you have seen in many pictures of the system it would be extremely hard to see if you're not looking for it and is sometimes even hard to see if you are looking for them. Another item you might want to have is an excelent radar detector. In your case you might want to have it some what visible incase you get pulled over so that might take some of the attention from the leo. That setup is completely up to u. Good luck with your decision. VEIL ALL THE WAY!!

Newcomer

I thought the sensors had to be just outside of the body line? the car I am thinking of doing first is my 300 srt8. On each side of the bumper there are air ducts, how far in can I go and still be effective?
    does anyone know the fine for Utah?

has anyone tried to hook up a relay that would shut off the the blinder once you are hit?

Experienced

the blinder has a shutoff switch mounted inside the car. i would have to see the car itself to know where you are talking about and you want them to be flush with the opening

Newcomer

if I knew how to post a picture I would

Experienced

but just like crazyvolvo said any chrome surface should be covered.

Newcomer

the car is black and I am having the front grill powder coated black. The only shiney thing up front are the headlights and the fog lights.

I have another car coming at the end of the month that is very low profile and the front end and lights are at a dramatic slant ( Ford GT). does this make a difference? Car is also all black.
    Thanks for you input

Experienced

i think you better drive it to KC here and let me test drive it with the blinder installed just to make sure it's ok. LOL ya you should be fine. if you're not atleast you can outrun them. i hope we get to see pictures of that car. another thing you might think about is get the tinted light covers. the only thing with those is that picky leo's can give you a ticket if you don't have the road approved covers. good luck

Newcomer

Thanks again....I should have my Blinder here by Friday and maybe in this weekend. I will post some pictures once I have it in and if I can figure out a way to install it on the GT without making holes, I will ( Roy had a good idea with body molding tape)...I will also send in photos of it once I get it here.