Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default AL8 install pics

2 heads up front
    1 head back

Now who want my Blinder 40? :wink:

Old Timer

nice install! howd you install it in the dash like that?

Lead Foot

Very nice and clean install man ..Go and jam a few copers now :wink:

Good Citizen

Thanks.. that's an empty switch panel I just pooped out and drilled 3 holes

Good Citizen

All that money spent and....That install is F.U.B.A.R.! :shock:

Please don't take offense to this instruction, I'm just trying to help you get it right!

Let me explain:

With two parking sensors up front, they cancel each other out due to light harmonic distribution (google THAT!). And the single in back is confused by the LHD from the front sensors bouncing off the kitchen stove in the front (pix 3&4)! Which is wy you went through the wall into the kitchen to hit the stove in the first place!

After all, in pix 3 & 4, your front bumper is touching the stove!
    Parking sensor indeed... you went right through the kitchen wall! What good is that?!!!

Here's how to do it right:

Get another head from the guys at AL... and undo your current BOGUS wiring -- rewiring thusly...

Put one head from one control unit on the right front, the other from the same control unit on the left rear.

Put the other control units' heads in the opposite corners ie: left front, right rear. Sorta like your brake system... opposite corners in an "X" pattern, see?

Wire your on off switches and leds and speakers all together and your reset/programming buttons must be on each side of the horn pad in the center of the steering wheel.

What this accomplishes:
    1. Elimination of the Light Harmonic Distortion from your current setup.
    2. Complete cloaking and total transparency. Your car becomes invisible and (this is the important part) has no substance when the units are turned on (so you can park in the kitchen and not damage the wall!)
    3. Plus, when units are turned off, the car becomes an integral part of the stove and wall but will not affect the use/ function of either.
    4. When you get back in the car, just turn the units on and you can slide out of the wall and through the closed garage door with no damage to any thing...

Oops... one problem with this... YOU do not become transparent and sustance-less... you still have to raise the garage door. Otherwise, everything above is correct... errr, well... you (and any passengers or organic material inside the car) will look kinda funny "floating" down the street... But how in the Heck is a LEO gonna target that?

Hope this helps!

Seriously, nice set up! probably overkill with the second unit. one up front and one in rear was prolly enough... BTW, where are the second control units switches and lights?

So bottom line, since you don't need it anyway, you can send me the single unit... err, 'cause you don't need it... after all, I've been really helpful, haven't I?

good job! thanks for sharing...

^ that was honsetly the most confusing post ive ever read

Professional

WTF did the guy above say??? Anyone translate?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by oakhed
    All that money spent and....That install is F.U.B.A.R.! :shock:

Please don't take offense to this instruction, I'm just trying to help you get it right!

Let me explain:

With two parking sensors up front, they cancel each other out due to light harmonic distribution (google THAT!). And the single in back is confused by the LHD from the front sensors bouncing off the kitchen stove in the front (pix 3&4)! Which is wy you went through the wall into the kitchen to hit the stove in the first place!

After all, in pix 3 & 4, your front bumper is touching the stove!
    Parking sensor indeed... you went right through the kitchen wall! What good is that?!!!

Here's how to do it right:

Get another head from the guys at AL... and undo your current BOGUS wiring -- rewiring thusly...

Put one head from one control unit on the right front, the other from the same control unit on the left rear.

Put the other control units' heads in the opposite corners ie: left front, right rear. Sorta like your brake system... opposite corners in an "X" pattern, see?

Wire your on off switches and leds and speakers all together and your reset/programming buttons must be on each side of the horn pad in the center of the steering wheel.

What this accomplishes:
    1. Elimination of the Light Harmonic Distortion from your current setup.
    2. Complete cloaking and total transparency. Your car becomes invisible and (this is the important part) has no substance when the units are turned on (so you can park in the kitchen and not damage the wall!)
    3. Plus, when units are turned off, the car becomes an integral part of the stove and wall but will not affect the use/ function of either.
    4. When you get back in the car, just turn the units on and you can slide out of the wall and through the closed garage door with no damage to any thing...

Oops... one problem with this... YOU do not become transparent and sustance-less... you still have to raise the garage door. Otherwise, everything above is correct... errr, well... you (and any passengers or organic material inside the car) will look kinda funny "floating" down the street... But how in the Heck is a LEO gonna target that?

Hope this helps!

Seriously, nice set up! probably overkill with the second unit. one up front and one in rear was prolly enough... BTW, where are the second control units switches and lights?

So bottom line, since you don't need it anyway, you can send me the single unit... err, 'cause you don't need it... after all, I've been really helpful, haven't I?

good job! thanks for sharing...
    All well and good but explain how there was no light harmonic interfearance...what ever the f you are talking about when their was the same installation on the GOL test vehicles multiple times????

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

i think he's just kidding with the harmonic light BS

Good Citizen

i think he's just kidding with the harmonic light BS
    Ya think?

" 2. ... Complete cloaking and total transparency.Your car becomes invisible and (this is the important part) has no substance when the units are turned on"

"Oops... one problem with this... YOU do not become transparent and sustance-less... you still have to raise the garage door. Otherwise, everything above is correct... errr, well... you (and any passengers or organic material inside the car) will look kinda funny "floating" down the street... But how in the Heck is a LEO gonna target that?"

Sheesh, c'mon guys... it was humor.... read carefully... If the AL guys come up with an invisibility cloak and something that makes the car completely substance-less, I'd buy one even if I had to do a wire transfer, no pay-pal... credit card, etc.

:roll: :roll: :roll: