Default Impreza LPP Fitment

Been lurking about for a while enjoying the advice and finally went for the LPP.
    Does anyone have any advise on where to fit the single head I have just now, obvious place is below the number plate but worried it may be too low. Other option is the bottom of the upper grill although this will mean cutting the mesh to fit which im not to keen on.

Thanks in advance....

Banned

Upper position because it protects the headlights better.

Banned

I prefer the latter option (bottom of the grill above the plate). Congrats on the LPP purchase.

Power User

How about you remove that Subaru emblem and put it right there which would also make your car look much cleaner.

Banned

Argh, you posted a min earlier! At least we agree on the position

Quote Originally Posted by JTW

Lead Foot

yeah its gonna be a ***** to cut the mesh and position it there, but you know deep down that it's where it needs to be

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by go.mouse
    Argh, you posted a min earlier! At least we agree on the position

Quote Originally Posted by JTW
    I agree with that position too.

Cheers for the replies, I feared that the grill would be the best position but so be it if it saves on tickets. Might look into removing the badge as hadnt thought of that option.

Thanks Again

Experienced

Noticed you plate and I had had the same question myself.

I put mine well below the plate just off the bottom of the front valance.

Most laser traps here are Talivan on bridges aligned onto one lane and I remember seeing video of one in action, where the vehicle just drives through the laser beam. Because of this I hung mine really low to get a shot off first before the beam got as far as the plate.

The other reason was that if you get stopped by the cops, I heard that they've started running their fingers along the bottom of your plate in the hope that you may have a sensor.

This could all be rubbish though.

I am going to get a second sensor and am trying to get a distronic merc star grille cover and mount the second sensor behind that cover, in effect doing a top and tail rather than side by side fit.

Experienced

Hey, nice car! I have an 06 STI, same color and have been pondering the same question. I haven't purchased yet but was thinking about getting a dual head so I could mount the heads on the top part of the lower air inlet, at the outermost corners. There is black trim piece there and two heads would hide well up next to it. I don't like the upper mounting spot because that part of the grill leans backward and you'd need to have the head sticking out for it to work well. It would be very obvious, IMO. The other crazy idea I had was to get plate frame (I'm in the US) with a large strip on the top. Dremel out a hole in the top center of the frame and mount a singe head there. This would also require cutting the plate and the bumper cover behind the plate area. Crazy, yes. But I haven't done it. I will likely just get the two heads go with my first plan.

Anyway, good luck with your project and please post back here (or PM me) with your results. I'd love to see how it turns out. BTW If you want to see how your car would look with Viel (not that you'll need it now) check out this thread

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...897&highlight=