Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Using different models of jammers simultaneously

Hello all,

I have been wondering what would happen if I used different makes/models of jammers, for instance a Blinder M20 and a Laser Pro Park. One would probably be LED-driven, and the other would be laser diode driven. Has anyone had any negative experiences doing this? It would likely cause more jam codes, but would the jammers possibly interfere with each other? I'm thinking of a test scenario where you could put a reflective surface in front of the vehicle and set one jammer off with a LIDAR gun, and the reflections would have the jammers setting each other off. Or perhaps the reflections would be too weak regardless of the distance.

Thanks!

Advanced Member

Although the general recommendation is not to run two jammers together, Outrun had some good results running Lidatek + Blinder on the same vehicle:
    http://www.guysoflidar.com/laser-jam...ex.html#outrun

But if you are worried about throwing jam codes, running two different jammers on your vehicle might not be a good idea, since the extra pulses could definitely cause codes on some of the guns.

Speed Demon

Default Re: Using different models of jammers simultaneously

Quote Originally Posted by parasonic
    Hello all,

I have been wondering what would happen if I used different makes/models of jammers, for instance a Blinder M20 and a Laser Pro Park. One would probably be LED-driven, and the other would be laser diode driven. Has anyone had any negative experiences doing this? It would likely cause more jam codes, but would the jammers possibly interfere with each other? I'm thinking of a test scenario where you could put a reflective surface in front of the vehicle and set one jammer off with a LIDAR gun, and the reflections would have the jammers setting each other off. Or perhaps the reflections would be too weak regardless of the distance.

Thanks!
    Talk to RacerX he has a bunch in his car

Banned

I have used mulitple jammers on my car with no problem, but I did run into a major problem when I placed 2 sets of heads too closely to another. If I got a laser alert the jammers would just set themselves off back and forth, keeping the original pulse rate sequence. The bad thing about this is the ultralyte resets itself after and initial E03 lock, so when you start firing again the jammers pulse rate is not timed right because it's still firing on the old pulse rate. After I turned off the set that was too close to one another the punch throughs lowered by at least half.

Hope this helps.

JTW

Founder of Stealthvation

I know the LE10/Target 850 sets off the LPP and AL when close to an objest. I believe the parking sensor is what does it. I also know that the LPP and AL set off the V1's laser detection.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    I know the LE10/Target 850 sets off the LPP and AL when close to an objest. I believe the parking sensor is what does it. I also know that the LPP and AL set off the V1's laser detection.
    Mouse's rear LPP was setting of Alittleoverpsl's radar detector too.

JTW

Banned

Remember my rear LPP set off your Mimics, and they started jamming each other.

Quote Originally Posted by JTW
    Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Mouse's rear LPP was setting of Alittleoverpsl's radar detector too.

JTW

It didnt set off my mimic, I had my anti-LPP option engaged.

Good Citizen

why would you like to use 2 jammers?

regarding software look up table, technlogy of transmiters or other reason?

Cheetah Rep

For me, i like to have a backup. plus i'm still waiting for that jammer that actually does JTG EVERY time every run, on every vehicle, and has a proven track record of long term reliability so i know it'll work when needed.

Yeah, the AL drives me nuts sometimes with my other jammers though.

if i get too close to certain shaped vehicles, the parking sensor sets off the LE-10, which in turn sets of the Shifter at the plate, and at the same time the AL gives me the 3 beeps for an unrecognized laser source.

In the real world though, if i was that close to another vehicle i would either be stopped, or in rush hour traffic, so speeding wouldn't be an issue anyway.

Now once i finish testing, the results will dictate what stays and goes.