Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Laser jammers on white vehicle with chrome??

I have a white truck with chrome on the front.
    Would I be wasting my time installing Blinder jammers on it? I'd like it to be stealthy, but I'm not sure jammers would be very effective with the white and chrome.

How many jammers would it take and where would be the best placement?

Thanks

Lead Foot

Very hard vehicle to protect.

Minimum equipment would be a Blinder M40, Veil on all headlights, foglights, and chrome +/- Laser Shield. If a bra is available for your truck it would help even more probably.

Honestly you are a sitting duck and have to decide if you want to spend a lot of money and still probably get mediocre protection. If you run into lidar a lot then it may be worth it to you. Some protection is better than no protection and would at least help with long-range targeting.

Old Timer

Default Re: Laser jammers on white vehicle with chrome??

Quote Originally Posted by StealthR1
    Would I be wasting my time installing Blinder jammers on it? I'd like it to be stealthy, but I'm not sure jammers would be very effective with the white and chrome.

Thanks
    When we tested happy@$$'s SUV, with chrome in the front, the punch through was consistant at around 200 feet aiming at plate, and headlights. I would say a blinder will be worth your time.

Speed Demon

yeah the size of that beast an M40 might be your best bet... all 4 transponders up front. definitely VEIL on the lights and Lasershield on the plate "just in case".

Put 2 transponders down near the plate, and 1 up near each light (mounted in the grill).

M40: $599 (add $100 or so for install)
    VEIL: $90
    LaserShield: $20

Cheaper than a tank of gas in that thing I bet. All items can be ordered at radarbusters.com.

Power User

yours has simalar if not more amount of chrome as mine, I will require a M40 with veil, or a laser mimic with 3 transponders and viel.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stalker
    yours has simalar if not more amount of chrome as mine, I will require a M40 with veil, or a laser mimic with 3 transponders and viel.

Stalker, I think an M40 in your case is much safer. You have alot of chrome on that puppy. I would only use the mimic for cars and trucks without that much chrome.

Chris

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker

Stalker, I think an M40 in your case is much safer. You have alot of chrome on that puppy. I would only use the mimic for cars and trucks without that much chrome.

Chris
    Mmm... why would you say that though? I thought the Mimic was suppose to have some special strong transponders compared to blinder?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2fast
    Quote Originally Posted by JammerTests Webmaster

Chris
    Mmm... why would you say that though? I thought the Mimic was suppose to have some special strong transponders compared to blinder?
    What make you say that Chris never implied that in fact both the blinder and and mimic had IR leds in each transponder, besides 4 transponders are better than three

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: Laser jammers on white vehicle with chrome??

Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthR1

Thanks
    When we tested happy@$$'s SUV, with chrome in the front, the punch through was consistant at around 200 feet aiming at plate, and headlights. I would say a blinder will be worth your time.
    Yeah Sethy but this truck has some serious Chrome and it is WHITE. He better get the full arsenal to cover this bad boy!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

Chris,

What's the max number of heads available for the Mimic, and can you add more to the two head unit? Any ideas?

-Bill