Good Citizen

Default REAR LASER PROTECTION

ok.... i have been in the laser jammer and blinder sections of the forum, and have gotten many answers. i have asked which jammer to get, which way to mount transceivers, and much more..... what it comes down to is this.... do i really need rear protection? i dont see the point in getting a jammer only to get a laser ticket from the rear, even if it is rare to see cops shooting laser in this form, but what is your honest opinion?

Advanced Member

What state do you live in how often do you see laser in use what are your driving habits?

I have hardly ever seen Laser shot from at the rear, just the front. Some will tell you the got rear laser tickets but i guarantee the majority are because of laser shot at the front...All of the admins put their laser jamming gear on the front of the car...

If you are worried about your minimumly you should have frontal protection....protecting the rear of your car would take at least three transponders due to flat surface. If you have a balck car put VEIL on the taillights and laser shield over the back plate...but honestly i hardly ever see rear shot laser and i have only heard rumors about it done in my area

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Banned

It's practically impossible to jam laser from the rear.

Good Citizen

It depends on the lidar used and how close to the gun you will measure, but otherwise rear is only slightly more difficult to jamm than the front on average car. Front and rear reflectivity can be evaluated by doing the maximum range test with jammer turned off. According to our tests on mid size car (BMW5) maximum range for successful speed measurement taken to the front of the car was 2800 feet, while maximum range on the rear was 3500 feet. Only 700 feet difference. Lidar used in the tests was SpeedLaser.

Good Citizen

i live in new jersey and encounter laser on many of the highways i travel, even though only state trooopers have lidar and it is fairly new to this state. i play baseball on a few teams during the summer and travel 4 out of 7 days a week. im usually 10-15 over on the nice wide highways. im guessing with an M40 (two jammer heads on the back), veiled tail lights and a veiled lasershield i could at least jam long enough to slow down.

i drive a dark blue dodge neon, but have aftermarket tail lights that are pretty reflective....

Experienced

IMO Veil is mandatory when shielding the rear of the vehicle. A laser shield wouldn´t go amiss, but may not be legal in some parts of the world (it´s illegal here). Combining Veil with a Blinder will provide you with the best possible protection.

Good Citizen

im most likely getting an M40 without the installcard from roy for 600.... and my mechanic friend who is great with electronics can put it in for me.... the only problem is mounting spots on the back of the car..... tough to find a spot between the plate and the lights.... i dont want the two jammers just sticking off the bumper, but i think its the only way unless i mount right next to the plate.... which i dont want to do...