Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AntiLaser AL G8

Default AntiLaser AL G8

Hi!

I think, I create a new topic about the AntiLaser G8 jammer.

I would like to buy a laser jammer in my car, but I don't know what is really good. I saw the Blinder M20 and this AntiLaser G8 products - that i think is good - but I don't choose, because i don't know what is the better.

Has got anybody AntiLaser G8?
    What can you offer me?

(Here are som info about AntiLaser G8: <DEALER LINK REMOVED>)

Thank You!

Commander

Advanced Member

New laser jammer rules state othat no one can recommend a jammer to you. Look at the test results of the jammer and then get the best one in the test....

Blinder is a good jammer if you don't have the money but the AL is great kinda expensive though

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Look at the test results of the jammer and then get the best one in the test....
    +1.

The results from GOL tests are pretty clear-cut. Performance-wise, the AL trumps the Blinder. Note in the test the version numbers, as well as whether or not, at the time, the jammers are pre-production prototypes (as well as consider whether such items are available today, on-market).

Blinder is a good jammer if you don't have the money but the AL is great kinda expensive though
    ^ I wouldn't go so far as to say that the Blinder is a "poor man's" device - certainly, it costs less, but that's just the way the chips fall, in my humble opinion. Sure, it doesn't perform as well as the AL, but I don't think that the price-to-performance ratio is so far off as to say that the Blinder isn't cost-effective.

Instead, I see the choice for Blinder, or against it - in terms of issues other than performance, to be based on potential service/follow-up.

The reason for my view is because assuming the buyer is Stateside, service from Blinder is known to be excellent and reliable - with the AL, although service isn't a problem, the necessary checks through Customs as well as the shipping itself can both get somewhat tiresome, if not outright expensive.

If the buyer is overseas, though, then of course, this consideration would merit a different examination.

Newcomer

up

Lead Foot

Up indeed, my friend. Whatever that means.

Essentially, if you have the money and don't care about buying internationally, LPP and AL are the best bet.

If you don't have $700(single)/$1000(dual) to spend on a jammer, the blinder is an option. After seeing the results of LittleOverPSL's recent tests, however, I'm inclined to tell you to save your money on that one (if you go to the link, disregard the BMW's results, it turns out that he was using only 1 head on the front).

Experienced

Default Little over PSL's recent tests

Quote Originally Posted by twentyseventy
    Up indeed, my friend. Whatever that means.

Essentially, if you have the money and don't care about buying internationally, LPP and AL are the best bet.

If you don't have $700(single)/$1000(dual) to spend on a jammer, the blinder is an option. After seeing the results of LittleOverPSL's recent tests, however, I'm inclined to tell you to save your money on that one (if you go to the link, disregard the BMW's results, it turns out that he was using only 1 head on the front).
    I'm a little skeptical about that test. Besides, an M-40 is still only $599. This test was performed with an M-20. Roy's 2005 test was done on larger vehicle with an M-40 and his punchthroughs were acceptable and not even close to the puchthroughs in this test.

I would rather wait and see what the GOL tests have to say. Besides in this test when punchthrough was obtained it was never stated wether or not it was on a plate or a headlight. I'm sure if the windshield is targeted at any point punchthrough would occur. Also the heads on the A-4 were mounted behind the grill (a mounting no no) and pretty well recessed on the BMW. Not very good installs.

I am a "noob" but I'm also not stupid. I'm also not trying to start a war over this test, just trying to make a point.

Lead Foot

Mostly valid points, I have seen M40s still get some atrocious PTs though. I'm with you - let's see how the GOL tests pan out.

Experienced

The interceptor should be nice... LEDs and diodes, so best of both worlds. Just hope it performs well.

Experienced

Default Question for Twentyseventy

I have considered buying the AntiLaser Guardian G8 Dual Head unit. Have you had any laser hits since you bought it?

I do have a feeling that it will prove to be the superior unit but the idea of the cost of the dual head is well, sort of insane to me.

On the other hand I'd rather spend $1000 and get a jam, rather than spend $600 and wind up being pulled over because I got a 500ft punch through or worse a 1000ft punch through. Then again I guess I could just drive the speed limit and save the money !

I guess I was just wondering if you have had a chance to test it in the real world against a real LEO. Anyone else have this unit and gone head to head in the real world?

Advanced Member

I use a blinder M20 and had no tickets from punchthroughs niether have any other Blinder users on this forum. but the dual AL or LPP will offer you the best protection

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96