View Poll Results: Number of LPP Modules for a Vette?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • One in front only

2 20.00%
  • One in front and one on rear

4 40.00%
  • Two in front only

1 10.00%
  • Two in front and one on rear

3 30.00%
    Newcomer

Default LPP Options on a Vette?

My SRX bit the dust and I have decided to do a V1 and LPP. I ran a V1 for years before the SRX and liked the performance.

My questions is about placement of LPP on a C6 Vette. My car is dark blue and I have no license plate in front. Would one module cover the front allowing me to place the second module on the rear? Or, do I need 2 on the front.

I live in north Dallas and laser is being used more and more.

Thanks!!

Advanced Member

ONe up front and one in the back

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Old Timer

One up-front should do - the 'Vette's sevelt frontal-profile, which, in your case, is further enhanced with no need for a front plate, should be very advantageous, even if your paint isn't "flat black."

It's width does offer a concern, though, but I'd wager to say that unless you're looking for JTG performance, a single head up-front will allow you more than enough time to slow-to-reasonable.

If/when budget allows, you may want to consider a second LPP system to increase your frontal coverage to two heads, with one at the rear.

Default I also have a vette...c5 though.

Heres pics of front and back of a c5 vette..can I get some suggestions on where to place?

I was thinking for JTG performance.. 2 heads up front., and one in the back....

Thanks in advance!

Radar Fanatic

One up front will be fine trust me. Even with the headlights flipped up. I would also get one for the rear as laser in the rear is becoming more of a problem.
    nice ride!

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by carter840
    One up front will be fine trust me. Even with the headlights flipped up.
    I wouldn't quite frame it in such certainty....didn't alpinestars get some pretty good numbers in terms against Professor Jim's F-body by selectively targeting the fogs/DRLs? That could also translate to the same worry for the 'Vette above.

The width of the 'Vette is also something that I would question as being a potential concern, particularly with one head. With cyberblob having cited PTs on his sedan at shorter-ranges, with a single-head set-up, by selectively targeting farther-away (horizontally removed) hard-points, I am not totally convinced that one head would be sufficient for JTG frontal coverage on the 'Vette in-question.

Newcomer

This is an example of the front of the C6. One LPP in the front would do it?

Old Timer

^ Oops - I read too fast - I thought you also had a C5.

With the C6, I would think that to guaranty JTG performance, due to the larger fog/driving/corner lamp setup (larger than the C5) as well as the exposed headlights (for an illustration of how much projector lenses may be hot-spots, just look at a past post by an '06 Subaru WRX STI owner, whose picture, even using three thick coats of VEIL on his projector fogs, reflected hot) would require a dual-front setup.

But if all that you need/desire is enough reaction time to drop to or near PSL, and your local enforcers do not practice extreme short-range engagements (i.e. < 500 ft.), a single head to the front should be sufficient.

Without direct testing on your specific vehicle and at the specific mounting location of your front head (single), it would be hard to "guaranty" anything, understandably.

Advanced Member

One head is plenty for the front it will give you plenty of time to slow down

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96