Newcomer

Default What if LIDAR makers change the frequencies?

I've been following the LIDAR detector articles here and elsewhere for a long time now, trying to convince myself to purchase a laser jammer. However, there is one BIG question I have that has not been addressed by Roy or SML or any of the other reviewers anywhere on the Internet. I'm hoping I can get an honest answer from one of the product manufacturers here, even if it might be negative to their product line. Perhaps I shouldn't hold my breath...

Q: "Since Laser is regulated by the FDA, what happens when LIDAR frequencies are updated by the manufacturers from the current 904nm to some other frequency (perhaps 900nm or 910nm)??"

Because this will utterly and completely, in one swell foop, eliminate every single Laser detector on the market as well as render ineffective every Laser jammer on the market. What a loss of an investment that would be, and this is what is keeping me from purchasing such a device.

If this has been discussed elsewhere, PLEASE point me in the right direction so I can read all about it!!!!!!!

Thank you for your time.

Power User

I've been told by Roy that the Blinder Xtreme units are upgradeable to include new wavelengths such as 910nm or 900nm. This is the only Jammer on the market currently that can be upgraded to cover this.

Administrator

Default Blinder says...

Leon, the president of Blinder USA has confirmed that their M-20 and M-40 could be upgraded if they came out with a new frequency
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Manufacturer

Default Bandwidth of Laser

I wouldn't get too concerned about this:

Gallium arsenide lasers emit in this general frequency and not purely at 904nm. To change the frequency dramatically would require a completely new lasing unit which would likely carry an initial production cost a bit in excess of current GaAr lasers and would likely require recertification by the FDA.

Given the downward price pressures on laser guns, any significant changes would probably be a long ways off.

In the meantime think of the savings (in avoiding laser tickets) one is reaping from the use of 1) a good radar detector, 2) Veil Laser Stealth Coating, and 3) A decent laser jammer.

The Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Founder of Stealthvation

Amen to the Blinder M20 and the Laser Veil
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!