Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer

U are right, u could get in trouble with the officer....
    thats why I said from a legal point of view though, nothing can happen to you,if you enter a courtroom and the law clearly shows,having a jammer is not against the law,purchasing it is legal,installing it is legal and the use is legal.....unless the law says something else in that state....

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by HBKHBK
    U are right, u could get in trouble with the officer....
    thats why I said from a legal point of view though, nothing can happen to you,if you enter a courtroom and the law clearly shows,having a jammer is not against the law,purchasing it is legal,installing it is legal and the use is legal.....unless the law says something else in that state....
    Now is it really legal, or is it just not illegal. To some places, there is a difference.

Default Oregon Experience

Ok, a looooong time ago (1999) I got pulled over after using a Blinder M06 if you can beleive. I jammed a PLII and the officer pulled me over and questioned me about my speed so yeah, they'll pull you over and try to get you to admit to speeding. I didn't bite and he told me he was going to "let me off". I was a bit cockier in the day and told the officer I had a jammer and he took a look at it. His reply was that "it didn't work" but he didn't cite me sooooo. I'd tested the M06 against some PLII's and 20/20's from OSP when they were doing training at my Guard unit and it worked well.

I also used to own an ARC Interceptor radar jammer and it worked beautifully for about 4 years. I only got pulled over once where I think the cop was on to the jammer. He did the same 20 questions BS and I didn't admit speeding. He then looked at the front of my car and questioned me about some rather large Hella driving lamps. Once I turned them on, he let me go. I'm pretty sure he thought I had one of those old school Remote Systems jammers that had the transmitters in a foglight housing. The Interceptor was a strange unit, it pretty much sucked against continuous on but shredded instant on...real bummer eh?

Most cops don't know a thing about the equipment they use so jam codes and odd doppler audio means nothing to them. Every once in a while you'll get a guy who is a bit wiser. The radar jammer would produce a very unique doppler audio that was a dead giveaway if you knew what to listen for.

I saw a story on TV that suggested that over 10% of all drivers employ some sort of “radar-busting” technology on our nation’s highways. If that is true, the police will be getting jammed a lot. If you are in a group of speeding cars, they won't know who has it, and would not be able to stop the group. Or at least unlikely to try.

Best Regards, Stuart

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by stuart888
    I saw a story on TV that suggested that over 10% of all drivers employ some sort of “radar-busting” technology on our nation’s highways. If that is true, the police will be getting jammed a lot. If you are in a group of speeding cars, they won't know who has it, and would not be able to stop the group. Or at least unlikely to try.

Best Regards, Stuart
    I wonder if they are including/meaning radar detectors, since with them, you are "busting" their radar traps. I find it hard to believe that 10% of the nation's drivers have any sort of jammer. Maybe they're counting RMR, and if they count that, then the police are never jammed