Good Citizen

Default Simple Lidar "jamming" with Bra

I don't know how true it is, but I heard from a policeman that by just putting a bra on your vehicle makes the lidar pretty much not work. He told me that they usually shoot for your hood first because that is the best chance at a reflection. Or they will shoot at your headlight but that it is not really all that accurate with the headlight. The bra supposedly doesn't give a good reflection and more times than not it doesn't report your speed.

Advanced Member

yeah a bra is somewhat effective at lowering LIDAR range.

Speed can not be obtained from the hood of the car, the speed is gooten from licence plate or headlights

Bras are very effective on light colred cars darker colored it's really not required.

But a good setup would be VEIL, Laser Sheild and a Bra ifyou can't afford a jammer

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Banned

Default Re: Simple Lidar "jamming"

Quote Originally Posted by NdeeAnna
    I don't know how true it is, but I heard from a policeman that by just putting a bra on your vehicle makes the lidar pretty much not work. He told me that they usually shoot for your hood first because that is the best chance at a reflection. Or they will shoot at your headlight but that it is not really all that accurate with the headlight. The bra supposedly doesn't give a good reflection and more times than not it doesn't report your speed.
    Sounds like the officer was purposely giving you false info so he could get you at a good speed later on.

Lead Foot

Default Re: Simple Lidar "jamming"

Quote Originally Posted by NdeeAnna
    Half-truths...

From what I've seen from vids and laser being used down in the la area, most of the time on freeways like the i-5 where its fast moving traffic, most cops I've seen use the hood to first setup a target, providing they don't want to be sneaky. Perfect example is outrun's laser101 video, you'll notice that the x50 went off all but once or twice due to where they were aiming and the distance. When they aimed at the license plate, it never went off however when they shot him again, it did (they hit the hood). A bra will do exactly as explained above and veil is the bomb. As far as aiming at the headlights, it can lower that ability to get a proper reading depending on how your lights are angled and where the leo is.