Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional

Default Jammer head to big

My LP905 jammer heads are to big to fit properly under the top of my bumper.If i do mount them there,they will stick out as fas as my license plate holder and that just looks like trash..The grids under the bumper are to small to fit the heads even with the brackets removed..This sucks

Advanced Member

it's better to have them look like trash then get a ticket with a laser gun...My heads are even with the licence plate and then my lidatek head is right under the licence plate

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

Do you have a pic of how your heads look upfront Rob?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrcllusb
    Do you have a pic of how your heads look upfront Rob?
    I don't have any recent ones cause I don't have my camera but hee is a pic where you can make out one of my blinder heads...the other one is on he other sie of the plate

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

I see what you mean with your mounting.With mine,i have a license plate factory black mounting frame that sticks out from the bumper about another 1" so if i mount the heads without modding the bumper,the front of the heads will stick out a lil further than the plate and bracket itself which is just to far for my liking.The way people drive and park around here my heads wouldn't last a week before i would find them in pieces on the ground.I'll just have to come up with something to make em work.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    it's better to have them look like trash then get a ticket with a laser gun...My heads are even with the licence plate ...
    ^ Pretty much my thought, too.

I would (and do) compromise aesthetics for performance, too, in the case of countermeasures.

The only big concern would be one of "protection" for the heads. If you must park the vehicle exposed, in a higher-crime area, for example - or if you wish some protection from close-parking encounters ( say, for example, that your work garage is in downtown DC, and cars are packed-in like sardines ) - you may want to recess the head(s) for either more conceability or for some protection from damage.

Good Citizen

I have a problem trying to concel them on my bike as they are just a tad too big to put in a stealthy place. They are illegal in my area, so I dont like the size of them.
    Does anyone know if I can plug any other smaller sorts of jammer heads into my LP905 set up? This might help a few people.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by cr500
    Does anyone know if I can plug any other smaller sorts of jammer heads into my LP905 set up? This might help a few people.
    Nope

I doubt you will get caught with a jammer if you are in an area that doesn't heavily use laser guns caue cops already know bikes are hard to get a reading on.

Scanner-RS Pro-96

Good Citizen

Crazy Volvo rob. The problem with concieling jammers on a bike, is trying to hide them so they cant be seen. I will have one hidden behind the windscreen, but I would have liked to use the other two heads somewhere as well. It is just hard trying to find a place on a bike where they wont be seen. If they were a bit smaller, there are a few little areas I can put one.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by cr500
    Crazy Volvo rob. The problem with concieling jammers on a bike, is trying to hide them so they cant be seen. I will have one hidden behind the windscreen, but I would have liked to use the other two heads somewhere as well. It is just hard trying to find a place on a bike where they wont be seen. If they were a bit smaller, there are a few little areas I can put one.
    You only need a head front and rear...I'll edit a video to prove this. I need to remove the clip of his(RacerX) licence plate before I post.

RacerX's bike, a victory cruiser(not exactly sure what type) had just a 1 blinder head front and rear and even after the 5seconds of his lidatek shutting off the one head was plenty.

If you want a smaller head try the LPP, AL, or Lidatek. unfortunately the lidatek only has a 5second jam time.

Jammer heads are less visible than you think
    look at RacerX's set-up
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    MOTORCYCLE:

Colors= green-Blinders, lt. blue-LE-30's

Where is the jammer head on this bike?

http://www.stealthstreetbike.com/las...er-testing.htm

Honestly I have had officers look at the front og my car with 4 heads and they can't find laser jammers.

But to help you out I can't really do it any more. unless you get a different jammer. otherwise this is a lost cause

Scanner-RS Pro-96