Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Where to place single head jammer

Hey, a couple friends and I just bought LPP "parking assistance systems" , and need to know the most aggressive placements for our cars.

I have an 87 3 series, and they both have 95 3 series.
    Here is mine, for reference (though I am running minus plate, plus fogs).
    It seems like right in the middle would be best, (where the plate was). True?

Is one head going to be enough coverage? I know a couple years back, people were saying 18" of coverage per head.

Thanks in advance, they should arrive here midweek next week, and I am taking a 2100 mile trip the following week.

Speed Demon

thats where id put it, in the center

plus your car is nice and black =)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit05

In the center on top of the bumper :wink:

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Experienced

Sort of a follow up question, since funkmasta is running without a plate and using a single head system, how beneficial would it be for him to put up a vanity plate or something with little reflectivity as "bait"? WIthout a plate, would targeting be directed towards the headlights or is most initial targeting center mass? My apologies, though, I don't mean to hijack a thread, but I was curious as I was considering a single head front/single head back setup.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by lukenosewalker
    Sort of a follow up question, since funkmasta is running without a plate and using a single head system, how beneficial would it be for him to put up a vanity plate or something with little reflectivity as "bait"? WIthout a plate, would targeting be directed towards the headlights or is most initial targeting center mass? My apologies, though, I don't mean to hijack a thread, but I was curious as I was considering a single head front/single head back setup.
    No worries about the thread hi-jack... we are all in this together.

I am curious as to how people have successfully run their setups.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob

+1, although you are going to see some punch throughs on the outer headlights.

Just curious.........which engine are you running in your E30?

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Asleeper
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob

+1, although you are going to see some punch throughs on the outer headlights.

Just curious.........which engine are you running in your E30?
    I will see what I can figure out to mount it just over the bumper. The license plate is the MAIN target normally right? I suppose there is a good point to "bait" them towards the plate... especially if I can hide the LPP head in the grill right near it. Hmmmm

As for my E30,
    We are running a chipped 3.5L, lightweight flywheel, E36 M3 clutch, 88 M5 trans, and a 3.46 Limited Slip. It is in its final stages of being completed, should be up and driving by Wednesday next week.

Professional

Nice setup, I've always been a fan of the E30's. I've seen a few E30's with E36 M3 motors running low 13's with just basic bolt ons. If I didn't have a project car already........an E30 would be my second choice.

I know here we have to have front tags thats where the leo's are trained to aim first. If your only going with a singe head, I would mount it near the plate for that reason. The only downside with that setup is your headlights are more exposed to punch throughs, but you should have had enough time to slow to the PSL.

Newcomer

Nice setup, I've always been a fan of the E30's. I've seen a few E30's with E36 M3 motors running low 13's with just basic bolt ons. If I didn't have a project car already........an E30 would be my second choice.

I know here we have to have front tags thats where the leo's are trained to aim first. If your only going with a singe head, I would mount it near the plate for that reason. The only downside with that setup is your headlights are more exposed to punch throughs, but you should have had enough time to slow to the PSL.
    Ya, they are GREAT cars. I brought my M3 to work today. So refreshing every time I drive it.

I suppose I will put the plate back on, since they are required here and will be the first place of aim. grrrrrrr they are so ugly though.

Oh well. I guess the object is to not get pulled over at all, right?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Funkmasta

Ya, they are GREAT cars. I brought my M3 to work today. So refreshing every time I drive it.

I suppose I will put the plate back on, since they are required here and will be the first place of aim. grrrrrrr they are so ugly though.

Oh well. I guess the object is to not get pulled over at all, right?
    Thats the only reason I put my front tag on.