Longsnowsm

Default Colorado "D" day tomorrow :-(

Hi All,
    I just found this forum a few days ago. This place is absolutely awesome. I have been looking for a forum like this for years. After reading lots of great posts, watching some incredible vids I placed an order for the Laser Shield, Veil, and a Super Protector with RadarBusters.com. I ordered a bra for my daily work car and looking for one for my SUV. I already own a V1, and I have been looking at getting a laser jammer. Then I ran across the posts here that as of 1 July 05 my state of Colorado has made jammers illegal. So my question goes out to all that live in these states that have made jammers illegal... What are you guys doing to counter this menace? I think I am still going to apply the Veil and the Laser Sheild and take my chances. They can search all they want for my "jammer", but they won't find one... What they gonna do? Pull my headlights out? or confiscate my car? I will take my chances there I guess. Hoping to find out what you guys have done. If you live in Colorado what is your take on this? Thanks.

Longsnowsm

Scratonicity Groupie

with the Lidatek & Antilaser both being about the size of a quarter I would think with some careful mounting you could hide it fairly well, if you ever wanted to go the jammer route.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    with the Lidatek & Antilaser both being about the size of a quarter I would think with some careful mounting you could hide it fairly well, if you ever wanted to go the jammer route.
    fairly well? ok lets play where is the lidatek transponder....(only 1 on this car)
    Go ahead and tell me where it is?

Also a good thing about the Lidatek is after 5 second the jammer will shut off so the cop will be able to get your speed

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

yikes. i cant see it. thats incredible

Cheetah Rep

Ummm... far left circle of Audi symbol in grill.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    Ummm... far left circle of Audi symbol in grill.
    Correct!!!!

I'm sure you have seen those pictures before

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Cheetah Rep

Actually no, this was my first time. I looked at it for a few seconds, and started seeing something down towards the bottom left, then i figured that would be way off center, so i looked at the center of the grill and noticed that the far left circle was missing a few slats that the other circles had, so i figured that must be it.

Without knowing what i was looking for, and really trying, there's no way anyone would know it's there.

Professional

Wow. I was beginning to think you were pulling ouir chain.

Longsnowsm

Wow, I like that Lidatek mount for the Laser Jammer. I am wondering if this will put off a jamming code that the LEO will see. Any experience or ideas? I am looking forward to seeing the next round of tests to see how the Lidatek does. If I know I can get a jammer that isn't going to get attention then this may still be an option.

As a side note I just installed the Laser sheild on my wife's car and my SUV and it really is opaque and actually gets more attention because of that fact than running no plate at all. On my work car I have not run a front plate since 1992 even though it is required in Colorado and have never had any problems. So I may just go that route and take the plate off completely. I think I would rather not have a plate than to have a plate that is getting the wrong kind of attention due to the unusual appearance. What are your guys thoughts on this?

I have an SUV that the entire front of the truck is chrome(chrome grill, bumper, headlight surrounds, logo etc)... It is a LIDAR nightmare. Worse yet it is a pretty large truck(Ford Expedition). Just how much can I do and is it worth the effort? I am considering a bra to try and tone it down, veil for the headlights and fog lights. I already run a decorative front plate, and just put a laser shield over it. Is there really anything I can do to help with this or am I going to be a sitting duck even with the countermeasures? Has anyone done any tests with a large truck like this? I saw what Radar Roy did with is truck, but I noticed the entire front of his rig is painted or blacked out. Has anyone else done anything testing with a large truck like this? Any feedback or input would be awesome. If I were to install a Lidatek on this SUV how many heads would I need to get the job done? I can take some pics of the front of this truck if it will help. Thanks again.

Longsnowsm