Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bang For Buck

Default Bang For Buck

I know laser jammers are not cheap. But what Jammer is the best bang for the buck. Maybe not the best of the best or the worst of the worst.

Professional

How much more would you pay for a jammer that was 85% effective versus one that was only 80% effective?

Or, would you be happy spending less money (let's say $299 instead of $550 just two random numbers for example) for the 80% effective unit instead of the better one.

What if you might be able to spend $550 for one that was 90-100% effective? Would you opt for it, or one of the less effective jammers?

Ok that was not and answer. I will once again go back to my orginal question. I dont need theory on effective to money equation.

Lead Foot

I think his point is, just like radar detectors, the answer is different for each person. Blinder is cheaper and works very well. But the diode jammers work better...if you are caught in that 15% difference, that ticket more than makes up for the difference in the two prices. It's up to you to decide. Same goes with one head, or a million...
    The answer is clearer if you manage to come across one on closeout for $150 like I did :P

Advanced Member

all depends on the car you have...

Like if you have a blak car with little to know chrome up front and no front licence plate a blinder m20 would be good but if ou are the same car but white and have a licence plate the performance will be different

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

now those are answers thank-you

Old Timer

Also, you might want to see what type of hardware the local LEOs use. Some of the cheaper jammers do very well against some guns. Then, your "bargain" jammer might actually be more than enough to get the job done.

Lead Foot

Value is a relative thing.

IMO, LED jammers were a good value 4 years ago. Today however, I think LED jammers are expensive relative to modern diode based jammers, or the hybrid LI approach.

Less actual dollars does not necessarily equal cheaper price. example, $20 for a pack of gum or $10,000 for a new Porsche.

Professional

Get a Blinder extreme from Roy, but don't expect JTG. Or purchase a used LPP. If you can wait a few months until the laser interceptor comes out. When that happens, I am sure their will be a lot of LPP's for sale.

Good Citizen

Default laser interceptor

laser interceptor likked the laser of 3 guns against roy's rv... this is the poo of jammers... 8)