Default Blinder M40 and LPP - help with placement on BMW 330i

Hey guys. I got tired of getting targeted by laser monkeys, so after careful consideration (thanks to guys of lidar and other reviews) decided to buy Blinder M40 and single head unit LPP. 2 questions.

1. Can they work together or will they actually try to interfere with each other. Knowing technology behind it I doubt it, but I still have to ask - maybe someone had an issue like that.
    2. The placement. Red in the photo would be a lpp and green Blinder (2 heads). The other 2 blinder heads I was thinking about putting in the back. Or should I maybe fit the other 2 heads in the grill vertically (blue) for the total of 5 heads up front? what do you guys think?

Thanks

Lead Foot

Glad you saw the light, exodusmaximus :wink:

Multiple Jammrs on the same car work fine. I had the LPP and Zr3 for a period of time, I since have uninstalled the Zr3 & now have a Dual head LPP.

You can not install jammer heads Vertically as that will substantially reduce their effectiveness.

This means if you want to install anything in the grille, you will need to cut into the grille (you can not mount jammer heads behind grilles or anything else either.) If you go this route, the smaller diode based jammer would be the candidate for that location.

The decision to install jammer heads in the rear solely depends on whether the Police in your area use this tactic. In General, a majority of traps are from the front. But I think 4 Blinder heads and a LPP in front is over kill for your car.

May I ask why you decided to buy both blinder and LPP, instead of just a Dual head LPP which would give you ample protection without the extra bulk?

From the latest test by guys of lidar it was evident that lpp was the best addition to the blinder. I chose the blinder just because it seemed to be the best bang for the buck, but it does have some serious holes which lpp seems to cover (and vice versa). I figured my car is small enough for a single head if accommodated with 2 blinder heads. I was rear targeted once and it sucked. Police in my area quite often target vehicles entering the highway from the ramp (leo stays right after the entrance ramp and unless you keep on looking in your mirror you will never see it coming - laser monkeys. YES, I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!! (or should I say, I have seen the flashing lights in my rear view mirror way to many times - so far I was able to get multiple, court ordered schools, but I think that this may be it - crap)

thanks

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by exodusmaximus
    YES, I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!! (or should I say, I have seen the flashing lights in my rear view mirror way to many times -

As a LPP owner, I went through the same research process you likely did before purchasing, I'd like to share my finding with you here.

The GOL 07 holes in the LPP are Laser Atlanta SpeedLaser III and the 100pps version off the LTI.

Additional independent tests of LPP vs. SpeedLaser III (video'd) show that the LPP is very effective at jamming it, however, after multiple cosecutive runs, the LPP becomes inconsistent. We are all trying to figure this one out.

The 100pps LTI problem is a bug in the LPP firmware which LPP has fixed (it is a bit of a wait to get the new control box through), , unless you live outside the USA, you won't encounter this gun.

The worry I have is that the heads will be too low. What do you think?

Lead Foot

IMO,

I don't believe there would be a measurable performance difference during a Center Mass shot between having the LPP head where it is, or hypothetically, having it above the plate, especially at longer distances (1000'+)

The likely PunchThrough's you would probably experience would be at close ranges when your lights are targeted, and that would be due to the single head being outside the circumference of the Lidar beam. I've roughly illustrated the width of the Lidar beam at close ranges. (~ < 300')

so in your opinion lpp is so much better then the blinder? preferred targeting range in my are is 800-450 ft. I don't want JTG, but a solid 3 sec delay would be nice. 1 sec reaction time and 2 sec to "gently slow down" 20mph (10mph/sec is a gentle slowdown... lol

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by exodusmaximus
    so in your opinion lpp is so much better then the blinder?
    IMO, yes.

One of our fellow forum members has video'ed his white Ford Expedition (on the laserpropark support forum) with a single head jamming a LTI Marksman down to 300' during multiple headlight shots. A dual head would likely have cut that PT down by 75%. That is powerful testimony.

I went with 2 heads because I wanted to be sure I could JTG if I was hit from extreme short range (which is too easy for the state police to do here at night in construction zones, there are a million places to hide!! But I always shut off the LPP once I am at the PSL)

Old Timer

The video is on here as well

If you are going to keep the Blinder, and if you have the money, you could get another LPP head, and run 2 Blinder heads and LPP head in the front, and the same in the back.

Or, maybe, though I don't know how well this will work, you could try running the 4 blinder heads in the front, and the LPP in the back, mounting very near the plate, assuming this is their natural aiming point. Then again, I don't know where you could mount those Blinder heads to provide enough protection to the headlamps.

Maybe you could post a picture of the rear of your car, with the plates blurred of course, so we can further help you?

Newcomer

We had a successful JTG on a 95 M3, single head LPP mounted where your red mark is. This was somewhere around 3-600? feet.