Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legality issues

Newcomer

Default Legality issues

Okay, I know that unless your state bans laser jammers they are legal. But how far does that go? Can (or has anyone) you be charged with "interferring with a police officers work", for using a laser jammer? I am not sure if that is the right term, but basically has anyone on here had a problem with like obstruction or something to that nature.

Longsnowsm

I see your from Colorado. As of 1 July 05 Laser Jammers are illegal here in Colorado. I also live in Colorado, and was surprised to find this out. So something to take into consideration when considering the use of a LIDAR jammer.

Longsnowsm

Newcomer

I heard that the other day.... I would imagine that is because Colorado State Patrol just spent a TON of money on laser guns. By chance do you have a link to legislature of this? TIA

Also back to the subject, has anyone had any problems with being charged with "interferring with law enforcement"?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by milehighassassin
    I heard that the other day.... I would imagine that is because Colorado State Patrol just spent a TON of money on laser guns. By chance do you have a link to legislature of this? TIA

Also back to the subject, has anyone had any problems with being charged with "interferring with law enforcement"?
    As of July 1st, 2005 Laser jammer became illegal in Colorado.....

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Quote Originally Posted by milehighassassin

As of July 1st, 2005 Laser jammer became illegal in Colorado.....
    Yes we talked about that already.... :wink:

BTW here is a link of the bill.

http://www.leg.state.co.us/Clics2005...e=1045_enr.pdf

At first I thought that we might be alright with "laser" because the bill says "radar jamming" is illegal, and it goes on to mention that couple of time, then towards the end it mentions "laser" as well. :cry:

Longsnowsm

The bad part is they even ban possesion... So if your pulled over even if your not using a jammer they can still confiscate it. Also the wording is so broad that they can just about identify anything as preventing them from getting a reading and can confiscate it... Which really means they can just about do anything they want.

Your absolutely right. This bill gets passed and goes into effect and suddenly I am seeing LIDAR everywhere. I live in Colorado Springs and I hadn't hardly seen LIDAR here, but suddenly I am dealing with CHP with LIDAR. Colorado had declared war are motorists! :x

Longsnowsm

Newcomer

It is too bad that they have gone this far. I really do not think there are a lot of people that are even jamming laser. Too bad for me. I travel over 2000 miles per month, mostly interstate. I speed, but I am safe about it, I don't do it when traffic is thick, nor do I speed in town, pretty much only on the interstate or open highways. I have been pulled over by CSP for going 4 MPH over. They are getting out of control.

Scratonicity Groupie

you could always get the lidatek and veil. a single lidatek is so small you could hide it really really well. and they cant control your headlights, VEIL is just to keep rocks from dinging up your expensive headlights

if you get hit adjust speed and turn it off!

Longsnowsm

I am still considering the Lidatek. I like the 5 second cycle idea. I am going to be watching your testing closely from 7/16 to see if you guys see the jammer showing jamming codes on the guns. If I can feel reasonably confident that the jammer will not alert the LEO to the jammers presence I will consider getting one. I don't want to go from frying pan into the fire by adding something that will get me in more trouble than the speeding ticket. So to me that is probably the most important thing I hope to learn from the upcoming testing. JTG isn't that important to me in the legal environment I live in, stealth jamming is.

Longsnowsm

Scratonicity Groupie

well, VEIL and a laser shield you are never going to get a jamming code the gun doesnt even make noise so you always got it!

but you are right it will be interesting to see if we get error codes. I know the blinder gives them out like wildfire!

--staton