Illinois, USA

Default Another Laser Defender story.. customer service, who is CEO?

Laser Defender? Yeah..
    Why? Because it's the cheapest diode-based system out there.

GOL was unable to get test data on this jammer from their most recent test shootout, but I decided to give it a try anyway. It's based off the older AL, and the LPP clone, so it's not like a completely new untested system. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt.. and be one of the few test gineapigs on I'll tell you it was a wild ride getting in contact with them. I'm posting this to give everyone here my experience with Laser Defender, in case anyone is considering them. As far as I know, Laser Defender is not on good terms with AntiLaser (search for a few threads here).

I placed my first order with them back in May 07, 2007. Everything seemed normal, items were in stock. On May 11, 2007 I received this email from them:

Ticket: [removed]
    Priority: Low
    Subject: Order #[removed]
    Date: Friday, May, 11 2007 13:51

Dear Sir,

We are sorry for the delay, however we are still out of stock. The new shipment is expected next week.
    Your patience is appreciated.

Best Rgeards,

Customer Support
    I thought ok, I could wait next week. That week turned out into a month, and I sent them messages via webforms and emails. All attempts to reach them by phone went to voicemail. This is an email I sent them on June 08, 2007:

Any updates? It's been quite a month since I got this.

And didn't get a reply until June 14, 2007:

Dear Jeremy,

Sorry for the slow reply, for some reason your email ended up in the junk email folder.
    We are switching to a new manufacturing company, and this added some unforeseen delays.
    I expect a limited stock this week, and I hope I can ship it to you latest Monday if you are still interested.

Best Regards,

Given that, I sent them another reply, dated June 18, 2007:

I will take it so long as the new production method has been tested and proven.
    By the way, given that GOL has an unfinished review of the AL9, do you know of anyone capable of testing the unit in the Chicago, IL area?

Monday passed and went. I sent them on Wednesday, June 20, 2007:

It is now Wednesday. I hope my emails still aren't ending up in the junk folder..
    Please let me know if this email arrives.

June 27, 2007, I got this reply back from them, their reply to my email about their new production:

Hi Jeremy,

I am terribly sorry for the delay.
    We have not forgotten your order. Some stock is just coming in from the factory.
    Unfortunately, we are just installing a new online commerce system, as we just had too much problems with the old one.
    I will give you a call Friday, and get your credit card details again to proceed with the order.
    Once again I appreciate your patience!

Best Regards,

Again, Friday passed and went. I sent them a fax to cancel my order (to make sure they received it), stating to them that given my experience with poor customer support contact, I did not want to deal with them, especially if their product turned out unreliable.

It was not until July 06, 2007 that I received more word from them:

Hi Jeremy,

Finally we have some limited stock available.
    If you are still interested, you would have to either order it again online through our store, or if you give me your phone number, we will call you to take your details again.
    I am sorry for the hassle, but we have installed a new online commerce system, and unfortunately everyone has to re-register.
    Shipping time would be around one week.

Best Regards,

At this point, I thought great. They probably didn't even bother to cancel the initial order. I had been following through through with their blog system. Since they had revamped their system, I thought maybe this is why they're having so much trouble with orders. I decided to have a [giant] leap of faith and continue with my order instead. I went ahead and reordered on July 07, 2007. I was never charged for the initial order. During the checkout process, I left them comments how I was waiting since the initial order for 2 months, and asked them if they could expedite shipping.

On July 11, 2007, I received a reply for the most recent order:

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for your order.
    I will try to expedite your order, although most of the stock is gone already.
    A new batch will arrive tomorrow, and your order should ship friday or monday latest.
    I will let you know the tracking number.

Thanks again,

Please include the ticket number of this ticket (including brackets) in the subject of all future email correspondence regarding this issue.
    Thankfully this time, the product actually shipped on Monday, July 16, 2007. In conclusion, it seems like their new checkout system is working better than the last, which was full of bugs and errors. Hopefully now, their customer support follows through too.

Scratonicity Groupie

I hate to say this but "Your an idiot"... however I wish you all the best, but if I told you I had some prime land for sale an acre on the boardwalk in miami for 500 dollars would you buy it?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    I hate to say this but "Your an idiot"... however I wish you all the best, but if I told you I had some prime land for sale an acre on the boardwalk in miami for 500 dollars would you buy it?
    sorry that we all cant get "DEALS" on the LLP like