Speed Demon

Default New 730nm LIDAR...LIVTEC XV-2,can be jammed or not?

This sistem operates on 730nm.Is it possible to jam this system with current laserjammers like-AL,LI,LPP,Lidatek,Blinder?LIVTEC XV-2 is used in Spain,Switzerland and Germany-as far as I know.
    Look here: http://www.radarfalle.de/technik/ueb...echnik/xv2.php or LEIVTEK homepage: www.leivtec.de/
    What countermeasure would be good against this?
    Any ideas?

Old Timer

It costs 20.000 € and up? Isn't that really expensive? :shock:

Lead Foot

I would think not, depending on how picky its receiver is to wavelength.
    At 730 it is just over visible red, so I wonder if some people would actually be able to see the beam especially at night.

Lead Foot

Are you sure it uses 730nm? Just that the info in english talks about using LEICA technology, which we know only uses 904nm.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by charles charlie charles
    Are you sure it uses 730nm? Just that the info in english talks about using LEICA technology, which we know only uses 904nm.
    Yes.Look at the 1st(top) link.I know it's in German language,but go thru the article and just look at numbers.You will figure it out.
    This device operates on 730nm...for sure.

Good Citizen

My German are not very good, so I used systran to translate it to english. It's offered free from the Greek Telecommunications Organisation (OTE). Here is the translated link:

http://trans.otenet.gr/systran/box

The part you are talking about is:

Likewise certified in the meantime a night vision additive is, consisting of two infrared--Headlights with ever 450 Watts and 730 Nm wavelength, with which a measurement is possible in the darkness.
    So, the 730 nm is the night vision additive and not the wavelength used by the device.

I believe the device scans the road for cars, from 80 to 10 m distance. It tracks, measures and records and then the prosecution begins. Very easy to detect with a good RD and I think very easy to jam, though it's not necessary.

Thnx for your time.

Old Timer

Experienced

Same technology is used by Traffipax Traffipatrol V which uses 730 nm to trigger the measurement and then it uses 904 nm to measure speed of the vehicle which entered the measurement area. I found out on another German forum that with V1 you have some 50-70 meters advance laser warning, that is when V1 senses the 730 nm beam. Quick and prompt braking should cause invalid measurement (because of deceleration) on the device. The forum also says that it works on 850 nm wavelenght (and it was hard to get the info from the manufacturer). The link to this forum is here:
    http://www.radarforum.de/forum/lofiv...php/t6621.html