Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Gave up on the LI and got a LPP

I figured that the LPP performed just as good as the LI on the laser guns in my area and the fact that they have a proper US distributer.

Anyways will a dual head LPP set up on a silver BMW E90 be sufficient? I know most cops in my area shoot at around 500 feet. I am hoping that a single head would be enough and a dual head will be over kill, but I want overkill lol.

Professional

Don't Think It'll b Overkill, But it Should Certainly b Sufficient...

Old Timer

Should give JTG. What guns do you have in your area?

Scratonicity Groupie

you'll be fine. at 500FT you should have a pretty good visually before they even shoot.

enjoy the LPP quality unit.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO
    The motor cycle cops in my area use the LTI marksman. So far thats all I have seen. I had someone tell me the highway patrol uses Pro laser III's. But I would say in the past 2 years everyone that has gotten a ticket has been from laser and from the motor cycle cops that use the LTI.

But if anyone from Arizona knows about any brand of laser guns used please post. I wish some site could list all the types of radar and lidar guns used by each state. Should it be public record on what they bought?

Founder of Stealthvation

You got one of the best. As far as I am concerned as of today the LI is vaporware. I hope I am wrong since the PROTOTYPE had me gizzing all over the place and was looking forward to buying it
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Cheetah Rep

Quote Originally Posted by andrewaz
    The motor cycle cops in my area use the LTI marksman. So far thats all I have seen. I had someone tell me the highway patrol uses Pro laser III's. But I would say in the past 2 years everyone that has gotten a ticket has been from laser and from the motor cycle cops that use the LTI.

But if anyone from Arizona knows about any brand of laser guns used please post. I wish some site could list all the types of radar and lidar guns used by each state. Should it be public record on what they bought?
    Are you sure they aren't using the LTI Ultralyte? I don't know of any AZ dept using a Marksman.
    In Tucson it's all PLIII.

DPS has PLIII's that i have seen, but i have heard in the Phx area they have about 20 LTI's.

Not sure what the individual cities around it have yet. I believe DPS got he LTI's for shooting tailgaters, using the distance feature.

you should be setup well with a dual head.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewaz

Are you sure they aren't using the LTI Ultralyte? I don't know of any AZ dept using a Marksman.
    In Tucson it's all PLIII.

DPS has PLIII's that i have seen, but i have heard in the Phx area they have about 20 LTI's.

Not sure what the individual cities around it have yet. I believe DPS got he LTI's for shooting tailgaters, using the distance feature.

you should be setup well with a dual head.
    Yep I forgot to add the LTI Ultralyte. Thats what the Tempe police use. But I swear I have seen them use the marksman since they usually sit outside of where I live and target speeders and thats what it looks like.

Old Timer

I agree with the others here, on a silver E90 3-series, you should be very well protected by a dual-head LPP setup.

serg, an independent hobbyist out of MN, has documented, with the help of cyberblob, many tests of his own dual-head LPP setup, on a silver A6, C5, and demonstrated excellent protection.

Given the hardware you face, you should see very, very good protection, even in less-than-favorable encounter scenarios.

Is the Ultralyte 100 PPS model of-concern to you? If so, be sure to seek a "100 PPS UL-enabled" LPP. This thread will be of-interest to you if the 100 PPS unit is a potential issue:

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=28003

Good Citizen

It says its the 8.3 NA version and from what I have read that corrects the 100..