Default LPP doesn't alert when V1 falsely does on Infinity FX SUV

I understand that the V1 can falsely alert laser from laser cruise control such as on Infinities or from certain red brake lights on specific cars. I experience this all the time when near an Infiniti FX SUV. The V1 alerts briefly but repeatedly but I don't hear a peep out of my LPP.

Is this normal? Should I be concerned that the LPP is not sensing nor jamming the laser signal from the Infiniti? My LPP does alert when I pull up close to the car in front of me.

Old Timer

Default Re: LPP doesn't alert when V1 falsely does on Infinity FX SU

Quote Originally Posted by gary3594
    I understand that the V1 can falsely alert laser from laser cruise control such as on Infinities or from certain red brake lights on specific cars. I experience this all the time when near an Infiniti FX SUV. The V1 alerts briefly but repeatedly but I don't hear a peep out of my LPP.

Is this normal? Should I be concerned that the LPP is not sensing nor jamming the laser signal from the Infiniti? My LPP does alert when I pull up close to the car in front of me.
    ^ From my experience, the LPP sometimes alerts before my ZR3, but more oftenly after, and sometimes not at all.

Since the LPP's first "warning" beeps to say that it's receiving an "unknown signal" doesn't register until a few seconds after-the-fact (i.e. after the unit attempts to process the incoming), it's possible that the unknown/false/non-LEO source has already moved out-of-range/sight.

Suf Daddy

I don't have a jammer, and its an assumption here, but is this Infinity behind you?

Do you have a rear jammer?

If not your V1 will go off but not the LPP IMHO.

I've experienced the Infinity, thing, it was VERY line of sight (like light) come around the curve enough to be inline with me and it went off, bend around the corner and it stopped. i could duplicate it when wanted, so I was confident it was the Infinity (SUV) on cruise.

-Suf Daddy

I've noticed brief laser alerts from both the rear and front. My LPP is dual head in the front only. I would expect the LPP to maybe go off if the Infiniti is approaching me from the front. From the front, I get one alert or so from the V1. If the Infiniti is in the rear, as long as it was behind me, it would go off every 5 seconds, very annoying.

Old Timer

^ VERY good point that Suf Daddy made, and I thank him for pointing that out!

Indeed, the various laser-related safety systems on these vehicles are extremely directional.

I do have separate LPP units front and rear, as well as a "traditional setup" (front/rear) ZR3. Yes, what Suf Daddy assumes seems to be correct, that only the jammer head which "sees" the laser beam will alert.

Thus, if your LPP only covers your front and the vehicle causing the interference is following you, it is very likely - almost certainly, actually - that your V1 is picking up its signal, but your LPP, having a restricted line-of-sight, will not.

Old Timer

Doh! One minute too late. ops:

Old Timer

Hmm, weird. I encountered an Infinity SUV today. LPP gave 3 beeps, quick pause, another 3 beeps. It almost sounded like 6 continuous beeps. Was coming towards me in the opposite lane. Alerted when he was about 75-100 feet out.

Speed Demon

Me too elvato. Except mine wasn't from the SUV. It has happend 2x in the past two weeks and the alerts were from an infiniti both each time it was a car.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO
    Hmm, weird. I encountered an Infinity SUV today. LPP gave 3 beeps, quick pause, another 3 beeps. It almost sounded like 6 continuous beeps. Was coming towards me in the opposite lane. Alerted when he was about 75-100 feet out.
    Had the same thing happen to me. Although i might have only gotten one set of 3 beeps. I can't remember.

Scratonicity Groupie

my LPP's go off to those god forsaken cars all the time. I've got a rear jammer and front and the rear one drives me crazy!