Default Looking for Laser Jammer for MCB C350

I just got an STi and I am looking for a very good laser jammer to compliment it. I had my heart set on getting the Blinder MX45, but after reading this: http://guysoflidar.com/march-2007/la...mmer-test.html I'm really interested in the Laser Interceptor and antilaser G8. I intend on getting veil as well to cover the headlights and my pretty reflective NY plates as well. My car is black on black if that matters to anyone. Thanks for the help,
    Jason

I would think more research is needed since you really didnt look at that test. I dont see any testing of the new M25 or M45 being done by anyone who has bought it and tested it. I'm doing research also but holding off right now, but not waiting for the laser interceptor, but for my job bonus to come in.

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plisken
    II'm doing research also but holding off right now, but not waiting for the laser interceptor
    ^ As Snake mentioned there is indeed a "wait" for the Laser Interceptor.

If you'll go to the LI sub-Forum, you'll see why it's been locked.

And please keep in-mind that the LI unit tested at the last GOL event was a pre-production model that was, at the time, being actively tweaked for optimal performance by its maker. Just about everyone is recommending that - unless you're just plain into this hobby - you wait to see a test of the as-yet-to-be-released full production-retail LI, before jumping to any conclusions.

Advanced Member

dual LPP and a Laser shield for your front plate and you will be well covered. But if you have a black car you could get away with a full blinder m45 up front

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Experienced

Default Re: Looking for Laser Jammer for MCB C350

Quote Originally Posted by jfriedman8
    I just got an STi and I am looking for a very good laser jammer to compliment it. I had my heart set on getting the Blinder MX45, but after reading this: http://guysoflidar.com/march-2007/la...mmer-test.html I'm really interested in the Laser Interceptor and antilaser G8. I intend on getting veil as well to cover the headlights and my pretty reflective NY plates as well. My car is black on black if that matters to anyone. Thanks for the help,
    Jason
    You might want to consider your second choice, the AL G8 dual head since the LI does not appear that it will be available anytime soon. That should give you JTG performance with most laser guns in use today other than the Laser Atlanta.

Experienced

Listen to VolvoBob. Anti Laser or LPP and you'll be ok for the most part, just watch out for that instant on K/Ka. By the way you if you run the wires through where your factory wires already are routed you won't have to worry about drilling.

Lead Foot

Yep, IO K/Ka is your only problem once you've got an RD and LJ.

And LI is vaporware.

Is K/Ka an issue because of the STi and the 33.8 issue? I just got it direct from Bel, so I am pretty sure its the updated version.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by twentyseventy
    And LI is vaporware.
    I love how non-believers say this. It exists. It will come to the states. and You can't rush perfection

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Experienced

Maybe the LI is vaporware simply because the active jammer biz isn't exactly the most profitable nor predictable....or is that just here in America?