Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cheetah Wireless with LPP/ M45

I'm not sure which LJ to buy yet, but I just took a look at the Cheetah wireless kit and it is pretty much what I want since I am not so happy about drilling holes, paying someone for an install, and know nothing about hardwiring. Anyway, I was just wondering about anyones personal expreience with this system. Does it in anyway compromise your jammers or anything like that?

Advanced Member

Well cheetah install makes installation a breeze the only down fall is if you want more than an 8second jam for the LPP you need to set than manually which the manual should explain how to do or contact the customer service. The other negative is to stop the jammers from jamming you need to buy the wireless power switch as well. So you aren't jamming the officer to the gun

Honestly I would take the Cheetah system any day it's so easy to install and well worth it

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Scratonicity Groupie

Cheetah has a new remote coming out for the remote install system that will let you disable the jammer. however, it might be some time but it's in the works... but it will have to be tested etc so that's an option in the future.

if not like Rob suggested just set the LPP to jam for 4 or 8 seconds.

as per Blinder stay away from the M45. get a LPP.

Wait so the Cheetah limits the jammer to 8 seconds? And this other power switch you are talking about, you are talking about cutting the power it draws from the battery to power the jammers right? Isnt that pointless to do in a state where LJ's are legal?

I will probably not get the jammer until late sept/oct for money issues. Do you know if the new Cheetah will be ou around then?

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by jfriedman8
    Wait so the Cheetah limits the jammer to 8 seconds? And this other power switch you are talking about, you are talking about cutting the power it draws from the battery to power the jammers right? Isnt that pointless to do in a state where LJ's are legal?
    Antilaser/LPP units have default 8 second Jam limits. Also, everyone has to have a power switch (even in a non illegal state) so that they don't create problems and become illegal.

Blinders are okay, AL/LPP is a better bet.

Ok well after all of this I guess I will go with a LPP, when I have the time/ money to do so. Just out of curiosity, is it easy to change the 8 second jam setting? I would much rather have it always jamming and wait for the new cheetah system and then cut the power myself rather than have the system do it to itself after 8 seconds. Other than MN, the states I drive through have no LJ laws.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jfriedman8
    Ok well after all of this I guess I will go with a LPP, when I have the time/ money to do so. Just out of curiosity, is it easy to change the 8 second jam setting? I would much rather have it always jamming and wait for the new cheetah system and then cut the power myself rather than have the system do it to itself after 8 seconds. Other than MN, the states I drive through have no LJ laws.
    If you can program a VCR, and can count a blinking light while holding down a button you can change how long the LPP jams for to either 4 seconds 8 seconds(default) or jam when ever detecting laser gun(will jam officer to the gun)

Cheetah now is offering a wireless power switch which is a must have if you are running the LPP in full jam mode. The idea of a jammer is to slow to the posted speed limit and let the cop get a reading on you. Otherwise he might make up a reason to pull you over. So let jammer jam, slow down to posted speed limit and turn off jammer to let cop get speed :wink:

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Is this Cheetah system (with the remote off) the one currently available at radarbusters?

Lead Foot

You could always use a 12v remote system such as this...

12v remote on ebay