Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default 2007 Atlanta Invitational - WriteUp and Results

Well guys, it took a while to get this up, but its here! The 2007 Atlanta Invitational was a great time, big thanks to everyone that came out and especially peachtreecity for volunteering his Prolaser II and the K-Band unit for us to test. We had a great time and I hope to make this an annual event - the results and some photos follow. Feel free to make any corrections or additions boys!

Prolaser II Versus:

BossMan4Life - LE30/RX75 Combo
    Front Shot
    Run1 - JTG
    Run2 - JTG
    Run3 - JTG

Rear Shot
    Run1 - PT @ 15, 7X, JTG

BossMan's setup was a really effective one against the PLII from the front - I sure as hell couldn't get a reading on him!

bradthemad - Blinder M20
    Run1 - JTG
    Run2 - JTG
    Run3 - JTG

bradthemad's setup was a great competitor for the PLII. This was his first real laser encounter with the Blinders and they performed flawlessly

Bullydawg19 - Blinder M20
    Run1 - JTG
    Run2 - PT @ 444
    Run3 - PT @ 196 (Shut off the jammer at this point, jamming and slowing down from 75mph to 55mph)

While Bullydawg's setup was identical to bradthemad's, brad was riding in a small SLK convertible and Bullydawg had a Quad Cab Dodge. We started shooting around 1200 ft at least, so he would have had plenty of time to avoid a ticket. Bullydawg also changed the Blinder positioning on the truck at the end of the day, but we didn't have a chance to re-test it.

twentyseventy - Antilaser G8 Dual
    Run1 - JTG
    Run2 - JTG
    Run3 - JTG

The Antilaser worked well against the PLII - I took off the 8-second jam limit and changed it to Constant Jam. This worked very well and continued to jam the gun even as Brad stopped shooting me, targeted a different car, and then retargeted me.

Saw this driving away from the test - wasn't one of us, though - sorry brother!

Scratonicity Groupie

holy cow. very nice! you guys are no joke you just find a spot on the side of the highway and go at it! looking forward to further testing.

Old Timer

No base runs?

Whose Cobra? Glad you guys had plenty of fun out there

Experienced

I was glad to have been there for sure. Again thanks to PeachtreeCity & TwentySeventy for making this possible. I definantly hope we can get together again......I've even found a nice little low key bridge in the same area (Fairburn) for some good ole overhead lidar testing.

Power User

Man thats kick A$$. Yall got some balls to just set up on the side of the road. I would have been called on and gotten a ticket for parking on an un-aproved road surface with my luck.

Oh and nice rides from what I could see. Also good road. Did yall have people that would just stop by to see what yall were doing? Any trouble with police?

Professional

Nice write up, I will soon have a AL or LPP so we will have to get back together soon and do some more testing :twisted: . Also to answer outrun, yes we had one lady stop by and ask us if we were unmarked police, of course we told her we were not. We decided to call it a day after bossman and I were makeing another run and saw a cop heading towards the testing site. However, he didnt stop and the guys were able to leave and meet back up.

Old Timer

Default nice

Nice testing GA guys. Elvato, it doesn't look like a Cobra in the pic, it looks like a Whistler.

Experienced

Nice job guys :!: Good photos of the area. I wish I could have made it there myself. Good to hear that everyone had a good time and that the results for the jammers turned out well

Scratonicity Groupie

Default Re: nice

Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember
    Nice testing GA guys. Elvato, it doesn't look like a Cobra in the pic, it looks like a Whistler.
    *caugh* the car

Good Citizen

Default Re: nice

It's my Cobra (the car). To me it didn't stand out compared to the other cars there ; )
    Seriously though, I had a great time. I think we were just lucky that no LEO's bothered us (although we packed up our stuff quickly when we got word that a LEO was coming down the road). To me, it was great to see ("in the flesh") that there are other people out there that have the same odd hobby and interest that I have.
    I will definitely be ready for the next get together. I'm not the greatest planner, like 2070. Awesome pics!
    I hope all the same people show up the next time and we welcome anybody to the next get together. Hopefully we'll have more equipment to test with the next time.

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    Quote Originally Posted by proudNMAmember
    *caugh* the car