Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by g-zona
    Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    for the LI would it matter if you mount the front heads vertical? I'm assuming no because of the 2 diodes. What if the jammer only has one diode ex. LPP. would that make a difference between horizontal & vertical?
    For the LI it doesn't matter. For the other jammers it would be a matter in extreme angle shot or over the bridge shot.
    Are there two transmitting laser diodes as well as receiving? The reason I ask, is because in the spec sheets for the laser diodes it indicates that they diverge more in one plane than the other. For example, the datasheet for the SPL_PL90 says 11° x 25°.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Are there two transmitting laser diodes as well as receiving? The reason I ask, is because in the spec sheets for the laser diodes it indicates that they diverge more in one plane than the other. For example, the datasheet for the SPL_PL90 says 11° x 25°.
    No,LI has 2 receiving diodes and 1 laser-diode 90W

Speed Demon

2 receivers and one transmitter pro HEAD.

Dual head is minimum sold and in one head Laser is vertical in other is horizontal, so it covers all angles..

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by interceptor

Dual head is minimum sold and in one head Laser is vertical in other is horizontal, so it covers all angles..
    :shock:

IIRC, from the GOL test, LI was supposed to have 2 diodes per head. How fast some things change. :roll:

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadr

:shock:

IIRC, from the GOL test, LI was supposed to have 2 diodes per head. How fast some things change. :roll:
    Wait, what? I also thought it had two output diodes per head, one vertically, one horizontal, that way it could cover overheads shots and "normal" shots.

Advanced Member

Ruh Roh....................
    Looks like someone is skimping on the laser diodes to make a better buck! Is that why the two head system is the minimum? Whats up with that?

Speed Demon

2 heads system is a minimum to order...

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by PMoth
    Looks like someone is skimping on the laser diodes to make a better buck! Is that why the two head system is the minimum? Whats up with that?
    Actually, this is a description that I got many months ago when I inquired about the system. Ivan isnīt holding out anything and besides, as long as it covers all angles by combining the two heads and provides JTG-capable performance, what do we care, anyway? 8)

Scratonicity Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMoth
    Actually, this is a description that I got many months ago when I inquired about the system. Ivan isnīt holding out anything and besides, as long as it covers all angles by combining the two heads and provides JTG-capable performance, what do we care, anyway? 8)
    x2!

Scratonicity Groupie

Hrm... Care to explain? Why is it that the retail units only have one diode?