Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Speed Demon

Default Speed Lab 2007 Test Results

Sorry for taking so much time to compile the results and post them on the page. Went to the adriatic for a few days.

Once more I wold like to thank all participants for their help.

The results:

http://speed.g-zona.hr/slt

WBR!

Scratonicity Groupie

awesome! what is the Korean POS jammer? What is the other croatian jammer? Did you test the LPP?

Old Timer

I always thought that the LA in Stealth mode was easier to jam?

For the M45, were all 4 heads up front on the van?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    awesome! what is the Korean POS jammer? What is the other croatian jammer? Did you test the LPP?
    Korean POS = Korean Peace Of $hit

Can't elaborate on Croatian Jammer A, cause the vendor send us a warning before a law suite that they'll sue us if we mention their name or show the product, even if we test it! (!?)

Hope that they're happy now!

No, we didn't have any LPP on the test

Experienced

Nice tests, thanks!

I have some questions, in particular about the rear tests. I noticed it says "vertical placement", did you test horizontal placement in the rear? In your opinion would you say vertical placement in the rear is optimal for the LI?

I noticed there was a "sun interference alert" in the rear tests. For the rear test against the 100pps Ultralyte, runs 6 and 7 produced the "SIA" and it seemed as though there was PT at 102 and 65 m, respectively. Is this a result of the SIA which caused the LI to not be able to jam?

Also, what kind of vehicle did you test?

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by lukenosewalker
    Nice tests, thanks!

I have some questions, in particular about the rear tests. I noticed it says "vertical placement", did you test horizontal placement in the rear? In your opinion would you say vertical placement in the rear is optimal for the LI?

I noticed there was a "sun interference alert" in the rear tests. For the rear test against the 100pps Ultralyte, runs 6 and 7 produced the "SIA" and it seemed as though there was PT at 102 and 65 m, respectively. Is this a result of the SIA which caused the LI to not be able to jam?

Also, what kind of vehicle did you test?
    Actualy for the reception it doesn't matter. You have 2 receiving diodes per head, V & H polarised, but it's easier to mont it vertically beside the rear plate.

About the SIA. It's the same when you compare it to a human looking at the sun. If the sun is low on the horison an you look in that direction, it's hard to spot if someone is flashing with the flashlight.
    The same problem is with the jammer. To avoid falsing it lowers reception level and it's harder for it to pick up a LIDAR beam. That's why you have SIA, to let you know to slow down...
    All new jammers lower the level, but LI will warn you about that.

The Test vehicle: http://speed.g-zona.hr/slt/galleries...s/P1010139.JPG

WBR!

Scratonicity Groupie

holy cow. we thought we gave the jammers a run for there money at GoL but you guys just took it to the next level.

So you don't have to say it I'll say it for you, my educated guess is that croatian jammer #2 is AL... Just throwing that out there for other readers...

for the LI would it matter if you mount the front heads vertical? I'm assuming no because of the 2 diodes. What if the jammer only has one diode ex. LPP. would that make a difference between horizontal & vertical?

as per the laser mimic can you fill the readers in on where you recieved this from? is there any news that this could also be sold as a laser deceptor?

thanks again for the testing. hope to see you all back in action again only this time invite me

Old Timer

I've seen LPP heads tested in a vertical position. They JTG if I remember correctly. The only thing I would be worried about such an install would be extreme angle shots.

Speed Demon

holy cow. we thought we gave the jammers a run for there money at GoL but you guys just took it to the next level.
    We gave our best to do so. Hope that event will become annual one and that we'll do much more next year...

for the LI would it matter if you mount the front heads vertical? I'm assuming no because of the 2 diodes. What if the jammer only has one diode ex. LPP. would that make a difference between horizontal & vertical?
    For the LI it doesn't matter. For the other jammers it would be a matter in extreme angle shot or over the bridge shot.

as per the laser mimic can you fill the readers in on where you recieved this from? is there any news that this could also be sold as a laser deceptor?
    Ivan got it from Hungary, but you'll have to ask him for the details.

thanks again for the testing. hope to see you all back in action again only this time invite me
    NP, we'll make it more public next year and make on time invitations.

WBR!

Speed Demon

Laser Tec(Laser-Mimic) is also sold in Serbia,for 350€.They are also selling
    Cobra and low-end Whistlers-no XTR or PRO-78,PRO-73

For the exact same price,I would rather go with ALG8-single head,so this is a no brainer.