Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Old Timer

Laser Shield that plate :wink:

to ^^...definitely planning on doing that but as i read it has to be in addition to the laser jammer. Correct me if im wrong but veil would be pretty much useless without, right?

To IRCMUSA, what do you mean by tricky but good spot. What kind if jammer would go there?

Professional

Blinder xtreme M25 and lasershield and you'll be good to go..

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrcllusb
    I wouldn't touch the Blinder with a 10 foot pole the thing is doing horrible in actual retail testing

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    I wouldn't touch the Blinder with a 10 foot pole the thing is doing horrible in actual retail testing
    I didn't realize the new Blinder was doing so awful..When i get back i think i'm going to get me a laser gun and test my LP905 just to see how effective it really is..

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    I didn't realize the new Blinder was doing so awful..When i get back i think i'm going to get me a laser gun and test my LP905 just to see how effective it really is..
    I wouldnt be scared of it just yet it seemd to do well on my very white car with a white licence plate with no Veil on anything.

i have a M-20 and M-25 here i will take IR video with both.
    the biggest thing about IR testing is you can see what is going on.

Old Timer

Nice ride!

Honestly, someone driving such a nice vehicle should be rather concerned about absolute performance - and I would imagine that based on the cost of this vehicle, you shold be able to afford ( even if you're like me ops: , and have to literally save up "lunch money" over the course of a few weeks/months ) high-end protection.

Based on these criteria, I'd recommend a dual head, diode-based, setup.

Off to either side of the plate, but bias protection "overlapping" the plate/center mass.

Consider, also, "dressing" your front plate either with VEIL, LaserShield, or 3M Clear Duct Tape - and/or going the replica plate (either a color photocopy on weather-durable stock, or commercial fiberglass replicas) route. Let your own considered risk-legality/comfort level be your guide here. Issues regarding visual "matching" of the plate, particularly when using the commercial fiberglass replicas, should also be examined prior to purchase, if this is a consideration for you. Similarly, the distinct visual signatures of either VEIL or LaserShield, and what possible explaination you may need to have for using the 3M Clear Duct Tape dressing, should also be considered.

Whether you can get away without a front plate would be an issue that's likely more related to both your local enforcement profile as well as whether or not your vehicle - with you as the driver, including both your physical appearance and your driving habits - may raise eyebrows. Even if you don't need a front plate, I'd still slightly bias protection towards center-mass, as that's typically both the easiest spot to "hit," as well as the trained spot.

Finally, consider addressing your chrome external rearviews.

The VEIL Guy recently posted about how even the un-dressed, exposed, traditional whip antenna of a vehicle can be a significant weak-point (presenting as a LIDAR hot-spot). On the off-chance that your chromed mirrors are somehow targeted, this may be a rather serious concern.

Finally, if utmost stealth/defeat is your requirement, consider also (in addition to addressing those chrome "ears") using VEIL to address your headlights/fog-lights, and work to de-badge/de-chrome your main grill area trim.

Hope this helps!

Manufacturer

TSi+WRX,

Years ago at one of the first GoL events (when it was for the pure fun of it), my 540i was targeting and getting punch through at around 600 feet (if I recall correctly) with both Veil and Blinder installed. Granted it is a pretty lousy vehicle in terms of natural stealth (ie; big metallic silver vehicle) but after covering the side view mirror with my black Veil shirt, the punchthrough numbers dropped considerably (to around 200 feet, I think).

I found the link to GoL's results

http://www.guysoflidar.com/laser-jam...005/index.html

Look for the table entry "side view mirror covered"

You'll see that this was happening even back then.

That's why I truly believe that the more you stealth out a vehicle with VEIL [and a LS] the better the chances of any laser jammer being able to cloak since we're reducing reflections which when combined and added up [unprotected, that is] would hurt our punchthrough numbers, whatever they are.

Veil Guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Old Timer

^ Holy :shock: :!:

Like you said, sure, that color didn't help, but it ain't even "chrome!" :shock: :shock: