Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMR in Iowa

Lead Foot

Default RMR in Iowa

I found this interesting. In Iowa, you can get a ticket for having Phazer II in your car, lol

"Right now, the fine for having a Phazer II radar jammer is $82. But come July 1st, 2005 that amount jumps to about $100. That's when Iowa's interstate speed limit goes up to 70 miles an hour." KWWL News

Administrator

Found it interesting too that Iowa also has some Spectre III units. When I past through a few months ago spoke with a trooper that had one in his car.
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by radarroy
    Found it interesting too that Iowa also has some Spectre III units. When I past through a few months ago spoke with a trooper that had one in his car.
    They probably use them against truck drivers.

Experienced

I knew it. I've been pulled over and hassled for no reason prior to owning my STi.

There's just no reason to pull me over (at those times) otherwise, as I really don't speed much and never drive like an ass. I wasn't speeding in these cases.

"If you don't speed then why have a RD/laser jammer?"

I run both because I have received two bogus tickets in the last 10 years, and only 3 tickets total during that time. Just like tickets ain't about safety, RD use is not always about going fast.

Now, a fine for owning RMR is a good idea, but for a different reason. Now if they would just fine the Cobra owners too. . .

And ricers. :P

Lead Foot

I used to live in Cedar Rapids, went to bars in Iowa City and played hockey at UNI (Cedar Falls) Where do you live? Do you see alot of laser in Iowa or where you live? I know I have been hit with laser in Cedar Rapids but when I drove to Nebraska across Iowa I have never seen laser

Experienced

The Iowa State Patrol likes to park in the medians and use laser for both directions on 4-lanes. They will also do this on bridge overpasses and shoot you in the a$$ after you pass under them. Every now and then you'll see one sitting on an on-ramp shoulder on a downhill grade, meaning you won't see them until too late and it's easy for them to nab you.

I see them do this on Hwy 20 about once or twice a month. Otherwise we have the moving radar and those blue Crown Vics (used at weigh stations for vehicle enforcement etc.) running constant on K and Ka band just to slow people down IMO.

Cedar Falls is now using laser for traffic stops as well as pulse (meaning intermittent) 35.5 and 38.8 while moving around. Waterloo I have only seen 38.8 so far but I do more driving around CF since I live there.

Lead Foot

Do you know what laser guns they use?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Serg
    LTI 20/20
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Experienced

Another interesting note about the ISP - they are now using silver Chargers as their new highway patrol vehicles. They have pretty low profile light bars on them too.

Either my vision is getting worse with age or they are harder to spot. Can't rely on the Crown Vic with the light bar profile anymore. You can spot them a mile away - not so with the Chargers.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by radarroy
    Quote Originally Posted by Serg
    LTI 20/20
    Great. My dual head LPP eats LTI for breakfast.