Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Advice for Subaru WRX

Enjoying the board and now looking to the experts here for a recommendation...

I have a 2004 Subaru WRX and am looking for personal preferences on the best Laser jammer system (Blinder, Lidatek or AntiLaser) and why? This would include not only performance but ease of installation. Also, if anyone has a WRX, where do you recommend mounting the transponders? No front license plate required here in FL.

Thanks for the help and information!

Scratonicity Groupie

I've gotta run right now but I used to own an 04 WRX. I've got pictures of the install and I'll get ya some information you need.
    --staton

Lead Foot

Default No help from Lidatek

Well, having emailed Lidatek a couple of times and having received no answers :x I think i'll be going with the Blinder M-20 Xtreme. I have always received good responses back from Blinder whenever emailed.

Customer service is everything!

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: No help from Lidatek

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    Well, having emailed Lidatek a couple of times and having received no answers :x I think i'll be going with the Blinder M-20 Xtreme. I have always received good responses back from Blinder whenever emailed.

Customer service is everything!
    Leon will PERSONALLY talk to you on the phone. He is the epitomy of customer service
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Lead Foot

Default To be fair...

After receiving no emails from Lidatek I called and spoke with them. They were very nice and helpful and mentioned there would be an upgrade to the LE-30 perhaps by mid to late August to handle the Stalker and Laser Atlanta Stealth if all goes well.

I've gotta say I like the compactness of the LE-30, but the Blinder is proven "now". So do I go with the Blinder now or wait and hope all goes well with the LE-30 :?

Perhaps I spoke to soon about their customer service as they were probably short staffed or too busy to reply.

Scratonicity Groupie

I had no clue they where having a problem with stalker. from our tests this weekend 78 feet is pretty good on Happy's car!

Founder of Stealthvation

Default Re: To be fair...

Go with the Blinder now M40 Xtreme and buy some Veil also

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    After receiving no emails from Lidatek I called and spoke with them. They were very nice and helpful and mentioned there would be an upgrade to the LE-30 perhaps by mid to late August to handle the Stalker and Laser Atlanta Stealth if all goes well.

I've gotta say I like the compactness of the LE-30, but the Blinder is proven "now". So do I go with the Blinder now or wait and hope all goes well with the LE-30 :?

Perhaps I spoke to soon about their customer service as they were probably short staffed or too busy to reply.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton
    I had no clue they where having a problem with stalker. from our tests this weekend 78 feet is pretty good on Happy's car!
    That IS interesting....
    Guess we'll just have to test the LE30 again after the update, eh? :wink:

Lead Foot

If you need protection now instead of after a lidar ticket. I would get the Blinder. Like you said it has been demonstrated to work with extensive testing over a couple of years. It is hard to beat the speeding ticket guarantee which can be extended up to three years and the replaceable lenses too. Whether you decide to go with the Lidatek later instead or not make sure you get Veil +/- Laser Shield to be as stealth as you can be. Once you get everything installed correctly you too will be enjoying the puzzled looks that I get from officers trying to clock me with lidar. :twisted:

http://www.radarbusters.com/products...er/default.asp
    http://www.radarbusters.com/products/coatings/veil.asp
    http://www.radarbusters.com/products...ser-Shield.asp

Lead Foot

My guess is they are trying to improve on what was pointed out in "Radartest.com's" jammer results...

"The Lidatek LE-30 did well against all the lasers save for the Stalker laser—and that at very close range—as well as the Laser Atlanta when the latter was operating in Stealth Mode. That user-selectable option is intended to defeat laser jammers and does a pretty good job against some."
    I would sure like to see the SML results before I place the order :?