Old Timer
    Orlando, FL

Default Spray-on-bra on plates

Saw a can at Walmart for 5 dollars, so I figured why not.

Here's the stuff I'm talking about.

Here's a picture w/o any flash. Left side is with the stuff on, right without. Really isn't all that noticeable.

Here's a flash picture from a distance of about 6-7 yards. Left is with, right is w/o.

Had a laser pointer laying around so I tested that as well. Wavelength: 630-650. Not quite close enough to 904nm, but enough to give an idea.

Hitting the sprayed side.

As you can see, there is still enough return, but it seems to be cut substantially.

I don't know how much plate covers cut, but I figured this might be an option for those who are afraid of a cover ticket. The only downside is that this stuff does accelerate the process by which the plate gets a "dirty" look because of all the stuff sticking to it.

Technically, this stuff is meant to be sprayed on the front end of your car, then washed off a couple days later. Also says on the can that it's not recommended to be used on headlights; so I guess that only leaves the plates.

I've also used the other color, which is a matte gray. Shot my sister's car with a PLII. I have some pictures, but I don't know if I still have the results. Been putting off posting the results ops:

Somewhere In Between Right And Wrong

I looked for this stuff and couldn't find it anywhere. I wanted to test it with the ultralyte.

Looks like it definitely works at least as well as veil plus it will not damage your car......and for the price how can you go wrong.

I want a can to play with too

Oh wait......not needed. I moved to a dual head LPP setup 8) 8) 8)

Old Timer
    Orlando, FL

I don't know what would happen if you left on the paint for longer than a couple days. From what I heard, it just crumbles off eventually. One the plates, though I would leave it as long as you want, with a recoat every so often.

Some of the Wal-marts have them, and even then it seems you have to look in the clearance/red tag section. It should cost 5 dollars, down from 7. Guess no one bought them.

I'd send you the can I have, but I'm afraid the shipping would probably be more than if you just bought it on the link above. It would be cool, though, to see how it does in the Ultralytes reflectivity mode.

if you get any kind of oil base spray and put it on your license plate then let it collect dust, it should cut down the reflection, i used to run my truck with dirty plates all the time, even when i washed it i never washed the plates lol.

Suf Daddy

Seems like it works!

Not bad to cut down plate reflectivity.

Now..............what if the left was bug shield and the right side coated with Veil..........

Someone want to do that test?

-Suf Daddy