Newcomer

Default Head alinement question

From what I understand, heads should be level when installed, this supposedly optimizes the heads for straight line shots or off axis shots. I also understand that these systems are susceptible to incline/decline shots (cresting a hill, being shot from above, etc.). I can see this being a limitation with a single head install.

My question regards a two head installation, I was wondering instead of leveling the two heads, what would happen if each heads alinement was say 5 degrees off center, meaning one head pointing up 5 degree's while the other pointing down 5 degrees. My thinking is that the protective "cone" would be increased horizontally providing more protection against the high/low shots. I'm also guessing that the head pointing up 5 degrees might experience some degradation with sun under the right conditions but should be limited. What do you think.

Speed Demon

basicly the same... but what happens if you are targeted from a bridge at the headlight where your head is aligned down for 5 degreas... ??..

busted.... 8)

Newcomer

Thanks Intercepter, that's the kind of thinking/info I'm looking for. My thinking was/is, if the heads are sensitive enough and the ride is a car and not some big truck/SUV, that getting hit on the 5 degree down alignment/off-set side shouldn't matter much. Please realize I'm talking blind here, new to countermeasures and their capabilities/shot falls so still learning.

I will be ordering an LI (sadly it got pushed back due to last minute car upgrade for wife... bitter but short lived) and want to make sure I understand the alinement issues so I mount them correctly. Or better yet, incase I use a pro shop and they say, sure you can off set the heads, we do it all the time.

Speed Demon

they could doo that... no question about it...

only question do you need it??

i believe you dont.. this is why we have developed a special optic lens on our device..

Newcomer

Sonds good, thanks for the input.